Follow

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Makeup Trend: Colorful Inner Corners




Yes it’s true it can be very easy to fall into a makeup routine with neutral eyes, a little black liner, and nude lip. It’s classic, in style, pretty and simple, but half the fun of makeup is experimentation, is it not? I know getting creative can be difficult sometimes, which is why I often use outlets like Pinterest and Instagram to help inspire me, and encourage all of you to do the same! In this post I will be highlighting some ways to incorporate color in ways that wont deviate too much from your day-to-day looks, but will help you learn how to use color in fun and playful ways.


The Colorful Smoky Eye: This is probably one of the simplest ways to incorporate color into your look. If you are a smoky eyed girl all you need to do is substitute your neutral skin-tone lid color for a vibrant color that will make your eyes pop. For instance greens are perfect for ladies with brown eyes, purples go nicely with ladies with green and blue eyes, so give this one a try. For my look I used a one-color shadow to create a simple smoky eye that incorporates lots of color. Don’t have a colorful palette to help you achieve this look? Look into Urban Decay palettes! Don’t want to splurge on colorful shadows you may not use too often, a more affordable alternative is the Morphe 35S palette.



The Inner Corner POP of Color: This is the trend I am most enthusiastic about, since I feel it is the boldest of all the looks. It turns out nothing opens up your eyes quite like adding a light, shimmery shade to the inner corner of your eye. Normally this area is reserved for neutral and Champaign color shimmy shades, almost as a highlight to the inner part of the eye. Use pastel colors and bright shades to achieve a pop of color in this eye area. Pinks and yellows could make for a beautiful and surprising look. For my look I turned to my Anastasia Beverly Hills Artist Shadow Palette for a pop of yellow in the inner corner and gel liner in yellow to balance the eye look.  As I stated earlier I tend to get inspired a lot by beauty gurus on Instagram and this look is no exception. I tried to recreate this lovely, very Coachella inspired look from the gorgeous and talented Melissa Alatorre (@alatoreee).  Comment below if you think I succeeded and producing a good look. The products I used vary significantly from hers but I will list all products I used below.


 

The Cat Eye: Back liner is old news! This Spring incorporate some fun color into your look by substituting out that boring black and brown eyeliner for a vibrant pop of color liner. Blue, green, and purple are three very flattering shades that are easy to pull off and instantly demand attention! If you want to try extra bold go with yellow or pink like I did in my look.  The best gel crème liners I have used for this purpose are the Anastasia Beverly hills Waterproof Crème Color bases, but you could also use wet eye shadows or color eyeliner. Can’t find a shade you like? Look into Colourpop’s extensive Crème Gel Liners in every color you could dream of.


 

The Bold Waterline: If I haven’t gotten your creative juices flowing by now I have one last color trend you could easily incorporate this Spring. The colorful waterline is one of the simplest and coolest ways to add a pop of bright shades into your makeup looks. With this look the options are endless! Use a white eyeliner to open the eye up on the waterline itself, then smoke it out underneath with a shimmery blue or mint or even purple eyeshadow. If you don’t like using white liner and then a color shadow, simply use a color liner and smoke it out on the waterline.


I hope you have enjoyed these makeup trends on how to use pops of color here and there to make your eye looks fun and festive for the Spring! If you enjoy seeing looks like these please check out my feed here. Also be sure to follow me on Bloglovin for up-to-date news on when I post. Love you all so much and once again thank you for the support! Stay Chic everyone!


Products Used:

FACE
Foundation- Estee Lauder Double Wear; Concealer- Maybeline Fit Me; Setting Powder- Laura Mercier Transluscent Powder; Bronzer- Nars Laguna; Blush- Milani Luminoso

EYES
MakeupGeek shadows in peach smoothie and cocoa bear in the inner crease; Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadow in Phresh in the inner corner and Buttery on the lid and brow bone; used colourpop liquid lipstick in pacific to create the dot detailing on the bow bone; used ABH creme color liner in Yellow as the bold eyeliner look and blended it in with L’Oreal Telescopic eyeliner in black; Mascara- Clinique. Melissa used false lashes I did not, but by all means jzoosh it up if you wish! Brows- Benefit Gimme Brow 

LIPS
Cover Girl- Star wars collection lipstick in Nude 70 




No comments:

Post a Comment