Follow

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Wednesday Wishlist: A Mother’s Day Gift Guide







When it comes to Mother’s Day gifts I always recommend going to the mall. You will be surprised how inspired you get with displays all set up for the big Mother’s Day celebration. I especially love Sephora, Victoria’s Secret, and Ulta for days like these, when I need a gift I know she will love and wont totally set my bank account dry. I will divide gifts into categories and give you some tips on what to look for or shop for when you start your hunt for the perfect Mother’s Day gift. I will list items of various ranges from beauty, to fashion, and everything in between. Hopefully this way I manage to cover every mother personality possible and also give you a variety of price ranges for those of you out there who are more budget conscious.

Now as I stated before I am partial to three stores in particular so I might highlight many products that can easily be found there, but rest assured you don’t have to stick to only these three. Lets begin with each category.



First up Fragrances: I don’t know about you guys, but my mother LOVES perfume! I don’t know any other woman that has a collection quite like hers, not even myself. Here are some of the fragrances I think will be most appealing to moms out there and they all have a very distinct note.

 
1.) Pleasures by Estee Lauder Value Set at Macy’s now for only $88: One of life’s simple pleasures this perfume, like its name, has a fresh as flowers scent of Spring rain with a spirited blend of lilies, white peonies, jasmine and Baie Rose. In this value set you’ll get a full size perfume, shower gel and body lotion all in the same beautiful scent! If you are on a budget, but still want to get mom something she will think you spend a million bucks on, then value sets are the way to go!


2.) Sephora Favorites Deluxe Perfume Sampler ($65)In this set you will get nine samples of some of the most sought-after women's perfumes. The best part is after you chose your favorite you can redeem a voucher that also comes included in this gift box for a full size bottle of that perfume at no extra coast! Talk about a gift that keeps on giving. The sampler contains: Atelier Cologne Sud Magnolia, Burberry My Burberry, Chloe Love Store, Dolce &Gabbana Light Blue, Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black and White, Gucci Bamboo, Philosophy Fragrance Amazing grace, and Tory Burch by Tory Burch Eau de Parfum.


 
3.) Heavenly Eau de Parfum by Victoria’s Secret $52: This scent is described as white musk; sandalwood infused with vanilla and white peony notes. This is one of my mom’s personal favorites and top sellers at Victoria’s secret and for good reason. Its light, fresh smelling and the scent lingers on for a good 5-6 hours.



The next Category up is my personal favorite, Makeup: If your mom is anything like mine she is a huge fan of powders and lipsticks. I have to admit though, my mom is very minimalist when it comes to makeup so I recommend you select gifts appropriate for your mom’s own taste. Here are some of my recommendations:


1.) Bare Minerals Get Started Kit ($49): This kit is sold at Sephora and I have to say its perfect for the minimalist mom and those who like a more natural look to their makeup. I know some women really enjoy this line of makeup and prefer it to regular liquid foundations, due to the natural look and feel and finely milled face powder that glides on smoothly, evens out your skin tone, and makes you look air brushed! Now who doesn’t want to look 10 years younger, raise your hands people! Palettes are also a great gift for mom’s who do love to venture and put on a full face of makeup.


2.) Hanging Travel and Lingerie Bag from Victoria’s Secret ($42): Is the traveling mom’s best companion. Not only will she be able to store her unmentionables, but it holds makeup too. Two gifts in one, BONUS, if you ask me! A great gift for mom’s who still work and travel a lot for business or leisure.




Last, but never the least, Category is Fashion: For practical mom’s who love a beautiful garment on their special day I recommend checking out some incredible sales at Macy’s and JC Penny’s going on right now, with their Friends and Family discounts! My mom is a huge fan of footwear as a gift on Mother’s Day. Some of the hottest trends right now that might suit your moms just fine are comfortable, casual, and beach-y espadrilles!



1.) Espadrilles by Sperry at Macy’s ($60): The cape espadrille flats from Sperry are simply darling and come in various prints and colors! I absolutely love this shoe to gift for that fashionista mom who loves comfort, but still wants a little pop of something special on her feet.



2.) Slip-On Shoes by Sperry at Macy’s ($75): Who doesn’t love the ease and comfort of just simply slipping on your shoes and still making it look like you put some effort into what you put on your feet? Monochrome slip on shoes are all the rage and trend right now and I am sure any mom would be thrilled to have a pair of these comfy, yet trendy shoes. The Sperry seaside slip-on sneakers are just what the doctor ordered for those moms who want to take a break from those 5-inch heels they strut day in and day out.



3.) Sandals by Tory Burch at Nordstrom ($195): The miller flip-flop from Tory Burch is the perfect picture of elegance and a comfortable, classy sandal all in one. This is one of the fancier and more lavish gifts on my gift guide so if you want to splurge and spoil your mom this year Tory Burch is the way to go! Check out all her footwear at Nordstrom.

And that is all folks! I hope you enjoyed this Mother’s Day Wishlist Gift Guide and I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Day! If you have any comments or would like more recommendations please don’t hesitate to send me a message or contact me on any of my social media platforms! Be sure to follow me on BlogLovin for quick notifications on all new posts! Thank you all for sticking with me through this somewhat long post! Love you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment