Follow

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

FACE OF THE DAY | Yellow Sunrise Eye Look




On one of my many Instagram https://www.instagram.com/libutterfly/ stocking sessions I came across a gorgeous makeup look by the beautiful and talented Mariah Leonard from The Gals Guide on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX6DL86oWNmlTj_LJkv9YmA I often look to her for makeup looks as she is one of the most talented beauty gurus in my opinion. The look I am featuring today is a recreation from one of her summer makeup looks. I hope you guys like it and enjoy trying to recreate it as much as I did.





If you have been following my blog for a while you know I am huge fan and advocate of using colored liner. http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/125927532020/fotd-pop-of-color-on-the-lower-water-line-using I have a few looks already up that feature fun and exciting ways to incorporate color liner in your day-to-day makeup looks. Click here http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/145261737755/wednesday-wishlist-fun-with-color-liners to read more about those. If you want to learn how to recreate this look then just keep reading.





I figured I would get in the spirit of summer and summer passing with a very orange inspired colorful yellow liner look. I think one of the more wearable options if you want to use more color liner in your makeup looks is to pop a bit of color on your water line. Finding a good color liner to stick on all day on your water line is a challenge in and of itself. Since I have done a lot of research on these products I can tell you one of my favorites to use are the Anastasia Beverly Hills waterproof cream color liners. These babies say they are waterproof and they mean it! I even have trouble taking this product off with makeup remover and olive oil combined. If you haven’t given this product a go, I highly recommend it. So now that we have a color liner we know will stay vibrant and on our water line all day, lets move on to learning how to get this look.






You always want to start with a clean face and a good eye shadow primer. By now you guys know my all time favorite is Urban Decay primer potion. Pop that baby on your lids and lets get on to some shadows. For this look I broke out my trusty Alice through the looking glass palette from UD. If you don’t know by now I am obsessed with this palette and believe highly in its versatility. If you want to learn more about this palette check out my full review here. https://youtu.be/7TSRRGmOdOU?list=PLhrw8MohD6X0txkGpnjkVPoq1ZikRjVZJ
Starting with the color Lily (a light flesh tone shade) Place this all over the entire lid where you patted down the eye shadow primer. This will help smooth out the surface for further shadow application and blend-ability. Then using the shade reflection (dusty peach matte shade) use this color as your transition in the crease. Build this color until you have the desired intensity and definition. Then using the shade Duchess (a pale peach shimmer) place this color all over the lower lid making sure not to put too much of it where you laid down the slightly darker reflection shade. Then using the color in paradox (a gorgeous burnt orange peach shimmer) place this shade in the crease of your eye making sure to not go too low into the lower lid portion. Be sure to build this color up until you have the desired intensity in your crease and make it more intense on the outer corner of your crease. Blend this color very well to help transition between reflection and duchess.  Using a mixture of reflection and paradox place these two shades on the low lash line.

Now comes the fun part, the color liner! Using any yellow color liner you prefer and a thin angled brush, make sure it is waterproof if you wish it to stay on all day, place this liner on your water line. Top off with your favorite mascara and falsies and the look is done!







I hope you all enjoyed this post, be sure to let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Also if you have an idea for an eye look you would like me to recreate be sure to leave that in the comment section below as well. If you belong to the Bloglovin community you can follow my blog here. https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/looksbyli-14811105 As always stay chic everybody and I will see you back here in my next post.


PRODUCTS USED:

FACE:
Brow gel- Glossier Boy Brow https://www.glossier.com/products/boy-brow

EYES:
Gel Liner- Anastasia Beverly Hills waterproof cream color liner in yellow http://www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com/makeup/eyes/waterproof-creme-color.html

LIPS:
Sephora- Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in Peach Tart http://www.sephora.com/cream-lip-stain-P281411?skuId=1646777&icid2=products%20grid:p281411


No comments:

Post a Comment