Follow

Monday, August 1, 2016

FASHION | Trend to try: Tassel Accessories





Hi everyone and welcome to another “trend to tryhttp://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/147711229255/trend-to-try-the-perfect-summer-bomber fashion edition, here on my blog! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Can you guys believe we are already more than half way done with the year? Hello August! If you also enjoy beauty favorites, be sure to check out my video after reading this post.  Soon we will be transitioning our pieces into Fall and Winter again and I want to start putting some predictions out there as to some of the trends I think will definitely be making a comeback towards the warmer months.




On my recent Instagram https://www.instagram.com/libutterfly/ search excursion in hopes of finding more fashion inspiration and trends, I began noticing a lot of high-end fashion bloggers wearing these adorable tassel earrings accompanied by spring trendy off-the-shoulder tops and fun summer dresses. Upon further investigation I learned of the designer that started it all, Oscar de La Renta! But at a whopping $400 a pop for a pair of these beauties I knew I had to come up with a more creative way to strut the trend for a more budget friendly option.







It is no surprise this season has been all about tassels. With prestigious fashion designers like de La Renta and Kate Spade coming out with her own version of the fashion forward tassel earring, it’s no wonder everyone is jumping on the trend and I wanted to show you how wearable it can be. Sometimes colorful fashion trends can be somewhat intimidating to a lot of people. So I love showing you guys ways to incorporate color into your wardrobe without going too overboard or too out of your comfort zone. What better way to do this than by incorporating this trend that is making big waves in all areas of fashion from bags, to jewelry, to shoes and much more!









This week we focus our attention to the hottest accessory embellishment of the season, tassels! I owe this gorgeous pair featured in my post today to Styles By Lia, or better yet, I know her as my mother. She is an amazing custom jewelry designer and I asked her if she could make me a pair of inspired tassel earrings. She gladly took on the challenge and this was the incredible outcome. You might think an earring is but a minor part of an entire look, yes, but these tassel delights pack a mighty trendy punch! Personally, I love how the tassel earring incorporates a design element that brings movement and flow to a look, while also adding a pop of color as I mentioned earlier.








The trick to wearing color is to not think that you have to match everything to your accessory or vice versa. You can use muted, neutral toned pieces and match them with your more vibrant color pieces for those subtle yet statement stopper combinations. One particular style tip I love to use a lot is to incorporate pops of color with patterned http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/145713644605/feature-friday-going-wild-for-patterned-pants pieces. I wanted the red from the tassel earrings to be the focal point of my entire look, but in order to balance that pop of red on my ears I had to incorporate another element, patterns! http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/145713644605/feature-friday-going-wild-for-patterned-pants Patterns are a great way to balance out a look so that the eye of the beholder doesn’t just stair at the red, they can also focus on the entire look, if that makes sense.







For my featured look here I thought I would mix the red of my earrings with muted black and white tones and some wild patterned skinny trousers to balance the look out. All these pieces will be linked down below if you wish to purchase yourself. Next time you want to sport some color or this amazing tassel trend, don’t think your options are limited to sundresses and off-the-shoulder tops. You can incorporate professional looks, night out looks, or everyday looks with these extremely versatile accessory embellishments.







I hope my featured look today inspires you to try this tassel trend and join the fashion movement. See what I did there? Tassels, movement, fashion movement. Ok you catch my drift. If you liked this post be sure to comment down below with ways you enjoy styling this trend, and if you have gone out and bought yourself a pair of these adorable earrings? I love hearing all your guy’s tips as well and thank you so much to all my loyal readers who comment every day. You guys are my daily inspiration! For more Looks By Li be sure to follow me here. http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com If you are a member of Bloglovin, you can follow my blog here. https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/looksbyli-14811105 Comment below with your blog links as well so I can follow back! As always stay chic everybody and see you all back here for my next one!






WHAT I WORSE:

EARRINGS: Tassel Earrings one of a kind made by My Mother (up for sale: email me at liana_butterfly@hotmail.com if you are interested)
  
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment