Follow

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

FASHION | Trend to Try The Embroidered Romper





Hello everyone and welcome to Looks By Li https://www.bloglovin.com/collections/looks-by-li-13966497 ! If you are new to my blog, thank you for clicking and reading this post. I hope you enjoy the things I have to share with you and if you have any comments be sure to leave them down below. I always read your feedback. Today I am coming at you with a brand new fashion post. This season it has been all about the embroidered tops, denim, pants, you name it the sky is the limit. Embroidered Fashion pieces have been the talk of the town and this was one trend I was not about to let pass me by. I am obsessed and had to get my hands on at least one embroidered piece. If you enjoy fashion posts and want to keep up with my “Trends to Try” series be sure to click here https://www.bloglovin.com/collections/fashion-looks-14006535 and activate notifications so you know every time I post new content.






Now lets move on to talking more about embroidered fashion and its origins. The origin of embroidery can be traced back to Ancient China, where they would use various hand-sewing techniques to patch, mend, or decorate their clothing. This trend eventually evolved as a way to distinguish between royalty, to create luxurious tapestries and more. As this practice began to spread worldwide, each culture had embroidery patterns that were unique to its history and esthetic. In the 19th century during the Industrial Revolution the trend evolved again. What was once a practice done entirely by hand was now capable of mass production with the use of machines. In 1863 a Swedish man by the name of Isaak Groebli invented the Schiffli embroidery machine, first of its kind. The machine still required human operation, but it allowed for the manufacturing of identical pieces. By the end of the 19th century, embroidered patches were making their way into US military uniforms and fashion trends. Once the 1960s hit the embroidery patchwork became cultural mainstream and found its way into the fashion trends that are still in style today.







Today we are seeing a huge resurgence in embroidery within the fashion world and high-end designers such as Virgil Abloh, Gucci, and Raf Simons putting embroidery patches on their most recent runway collections. Thankfully there are also more affordable options for this trend and in my featured look today I will show you ways you can style this trend and how best to incorporate it into your own wardrobe and style.

Like I stated before embroidered pieces have made their way into jeans, tops, bomber jackets, and blouses and in shapes, colors, and sizes. The key to this trend it to find a piece that speaks to your personal esthetic and style, heck even your culture. If you don’t already know I have am of a Hispanic background and so, as cliché as this may sound, esthetically and culturally speaking embroidered fashion really calls my artistic fashion bone. I recently featured an embroidered dress look on my blog as well; you can click here http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/146954249820/trend-tuesday-the-summery-embroidered-dress if you are interested in reading more.







In my featured look for today I wanted to show the versatility of the embroidered trend with another accessories trend that has taken the fashion world by storm, the basic bandana. Who knew that simply using a bandana as a choker could elevate any outfit and look towards another level of chic-ness?! Yup I am loving this romantic meets cowboy chic look! I was recently watching a fashion haul from Ashley Brooke a YouTuber I love to follow because her and I share similar styles.  In her haul she had purchased this gorgeous red embroidered romper and I immediately headed over to the website to purchase it. I don’t usually jump on a trend this fast, but there is just something about it that really gets me inspired.






I wanted to keep the look simple yet very fashionable so I paired the romper with these brick orange wedges I recently got from the Zara sale. If you missed my Zara haul video on YouTube here https://youtu.be/0EuLElXn37E it is if you care to take a look. I thought a touch of western inspiration would add a little extra something to the full look, so I added this basic bandana from Urban Outfitters for that extra pop. This whole look is actually from Urban Outfitters, but I am not being sponsored. I just genuinely loved this romper and had to get my hands on it.






I hope you guys love this look as much as I do and if you want to leave me feedback or comments on what you would love to see more of on my blog, please don’t hesitate to leave them down below. As always stay chic everybody and don’t forget to follow me on social media to keep up with everything going on in my life and more! Love you guys and hope to see you back here for my next one!



WHAT I WORE:

Handbag- Luis Vuitton Alma BB in Damier Ebene



No comments:

Post a Comment