Follow

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

MAKEUP | Semi Sweet Chocolate “Peanut Butter” Inspired Look




Hello everyone! Once in a while I like to do some throwback looks in case you didn’t get enough inspiration when some of these makeup items first burst on the scenes. One of my most go-to palettes during the summer has got to be the Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palette, and for good reason. Not only does it smell super amazing, P.S. I am obsessed with chocolate, but it has some of the prettiest warm tone shades I love to rock during the warmer months of the season. If you are like me and love warm tone eye shadows this palette is a must for you! I know some people are not to keen on scents so keep in mind this palette is scented, but once the shadows have been on your lids for a few seconds the scent disappears and I have never found these shadows to be irritating to the eyes in any way. Keep in mind that I am also a contact wearer, and have never had a problem with this palette. 





If you guys have been reading my blog for a while now you know I am obsessed with a particular gal, pun intended, on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX6DL86oWNmlTj_LJkv9YmA named Mariah. If you care to see more from her channel and beauty looks check her out at the TheGalsGuide https://www.youtube.com/user/thegalsguide on YouTube! I was inspired to recreate this look she did here a few months back and so I decided to break out my trusty Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palette. One of my favorite shades in the palette has to be peanut butter! It literally does look like that rich, brown, warm tone color of peanut butter perfect as a transition shade, an all over the lid shade, or even a blending shade. It is such a versatile color, which I believe will also look great on most skin tones.





Now lets move on to how I created this look. I like to start with my eyes when creating any eye look that requires a lot of matte shades, just to prevent any fall out from ruining my base face makeup. If you like to do your face first you do you boo! The first color you are going to want to use is Coconut cream, and place this color all over the eyelid to set any concealer or eye shadow primer you may have used prior to putting on any shadows. I like to do this to set my primer and also because it creates a great base for blending made easier. Then using the star of the show take peanut butter and place that all over your crease. Make sure to deepen it slight as you pack on color only in the crease area. Then using Truffles use this color to darken the outer crease corner and the innermost corner some more. Finally you will want to take the color in caramel, a gorgeous golden bronze shimmer shade and place this all over the lower lid. Blend, blend, blend and use truffled to darken where ever you need. Repeat the same steps you did in the crease on your lower lash line and you have yourself a look!

Top the look off with a pop of color using Anastasia Beverly Hills waterproof cream gel on your water line and finish off with you favorite mascara. Add falsies if you desire. I like to keep my looks simple so I don’t always use false lashes; it’s a matter of preference.







I hope you all enjoyed this look and be sure to check out all the links below if you are interests in any of the products I mentioned here. If you have any questions, or comments please be sure to leave them down below and let me know what your favorite shade in this palette is.

















Love you guys and as always be sure to follow my blog on Bloglovin https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/looksbyli-14811105 where I post new content every day Monday through Friday. If you like what I put out don’t forget to follow me on social media as well so you’ll never miss a beat on what’s going on here at Looks By Li. As always stay chic everybody!








PRODUCTS USED:

FACE:
Blush- Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso http://milanicosmetics.com/Baked-Blush.html
Highlighter- No highlighter was used in creating this makeup look

BROWS:
Pomade- Glossier Boy Brow Gel https://www.glossier.com/products/boy-brow

EYES:
Eye Shadows- Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette shadows in: coconut cream, peanut butter, truffled, and caramel. http://www.sephora.com/semi-sweet-chocolate-bar-P392009?skuId=1664721&icid2=products%20grid:p392009
Gel Liner- Anastasia Beverly Hills waterproof cream gel in Ice Blue http://www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com/makeup/eyes/waterproof-creme-color.html

LIPS:
Lipstick- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood http://www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com/makeup/lips/liquid-lipstick.html

Lip-gloss- Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip-gloss in Undressed http://www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com/makeup/lips/lip-gloss.html

2 comments: