Follow

Friday, August 12, 2016

FASHION | Hot Off-the-Shoulder Top Print Remix




Hello my lovelies and welcome back to my blog. TGIF and I hope you all have an amazing weekend! Coming at you today with this much awaited Fashion post. I know I have not posted many things related to fashion this week and I wanted to make sure to at least incorporate one piece. We all know we are just about half way done with summer and one of the hottest trends that stole our hearts this season was the infamous off-the-shoulder top or Bardot top as many bloggers love to call them. No offense to arms, legs, and knees this season, but this summer’s hottest displayed body part is our shoulders and decollates. This trend was nicknamed after the charming and beautiful French fashion model and actress Brigitte Bardot, who bared it all in a stunning clavicle-baring neckline top during a photo shoot that catapulted her into sex symbol status in the last 1950s and 60s.





It seems everyone is hopping on this trend with clothing companies like Topshop and Forever 21  including over 80 different styles of this top on their websites. I have to admit I have gone a bit ham on this trend as well and inevitably have bought every color, print, and style I could find. My featured look today brings you only a glimpse of where my obsession has lead. I picked this beautiful polka dot Bardot top from the infamous Zara sale a few months ago. If you missed my ZARA fashion haul on my YouTube channel I’ll be sure to link it here! https://youtu.be/0EuLElXn37E I don’t know about you all, but I am absolutely obsessed with the 70s inspired vibes of today’s trends. This trend is everywhere and with good reason, from catwalks to celebrities wearing these effortlessly chic tops, they are the perfect summer staple.







I wanted my featured look today to address two specific style trends, off-the-shoulder tops and tips on how to wear different clothing pieces baring multiple prints at the same time. So lets get into it shall we. My number one tip for mixing and matching prints is to pick one print to dominate and another to accent with. So for instance in my featured look, the dominant print is polka dots and the accent print is the monogram on my Michael Kors Handbag.  Another good tip is to mix different prints of different scales, so for example mixing polka dots with stripes. I didn’t use stripes in my look today, but pretend there is a stripped coat hanging from my shoulders. Most importantly to keep in mind when mixing prints is to make sure to stay within the same color family. So if you look in my featured look I stayed with monochrome tone colors, black and white, and a brick red wedge for a pop of color.  For those of you who don’t want to go too overboard with prints, you can mix one feature printed item with a solid neutral color pairing. So pretend for a minute that instead of the shorts in my outfit I had paired the Bardot top with a solid color, light wash jean.







Now just to brush up on some tips on styling Bardot tops keep in mind there are many different shapes, sizes, fits, patterns, and styles of Bardot tops. So pick a style and run with it. For instance if you buy a Bardot top that has embroidered patterns on it, stick to a festival theme or bohemian style look. Pair it with jean culottes or bell-bottoms for that extra 70s flair. If you buy a simple monochrome color Bardot, make it chick with a lovely pair of distressed denim jeans in a wash that compliments the top. Lastly, if you pick a printed Bardot similar to the one I featured here, have fun with it. Pair it with different patterned bottoms and accessories.








If you have your own trade secrets on how to style this trend please be sure to share it with everyone, and me down in the comment section below. Also let me know if you picked up anything from the Zara sale and what your favorite piece was? Though this top and shoes are no longer on the ZARA sale or website I will do my best to link similar styles down below. Just remember you can achieve this look using items you can already find in your wardrobe. I hope this post has inspired you to try this trend if you have not already and start incorporating more prints in your looks!







I hope you enjoyed this post and be sure to follow me on social media so you don’t miss out on any weekend shenanigans. Also if you are a Bloglovin member, be sure to follow me there as well so you always know when new content is up and ready for your reading pleasure!
As always I say stay chic everybody and be sure to head back here Monday for more style and fashion trend secrets!






WHAT I WORE:

Sunglasses: Quay x Desi Perkin High Key Rose Gold http://www.quayaustralia.com/collections/all/products/high-key




2 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks amazing and your fashion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Princess! I really love how this look turned out.

    ReplyDelete