Follow

Monday, August 15, 2016

Makeup | Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick Review





Hello my lovelies and welcome back to another edition of drug store liquid lipstick reviews. A few weeks back I had told you guys that I was on the hunt to find a great drug store version of the liquid lipsticks I love in higher end versions. So far in this series we have looked at the Revlon ultra HD Matte Lip Colors http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/148359330690/makeup-revlon-ultra-hd-matte-lipcolor-review and the L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Glosses http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/148638267445/makeup-loreal-infallible-pro-matte-gloss-review . Next up in this mini series is Maybelline’s Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lipsticks.

These babies can be found at your local Ulta or drug stores (CVS, Walgreens) and retail for about $7.99. These have among the largest range out of all the liquid lipsticks in the drug store I have tried thus far, with a range of ten different shades from really bright to muted nudes. If I had to compare these to any other brand of liquid lipstick I would have to say they are almost an exact dupe to the Revlon Ultra HD Lipcolor lipsticks, http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/148359330690/makeup-revlon-ultra-hd-matte-lipcolor-review  as they are both mousy in texture and dry down to a semi-matte finish. Neither are true mattes, so if you are looking for something similar in finish to Kat Von D or Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid lipsticks these are not for you.






Some of the pros surrounding the Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipsticks are that the formula is extremely comfortable to wear. Because it is not a true matte it is a formula that dries down to a semi-matte, velvet and creamy texture, making it very comfortable to wear all day long. In terms of Matte-ness per say the Maybelline lipsticks dry down more matte than the Revlon ones if that makes any sense. The Maybelline Vivids have absolutely no shine or glitter in the formula.

The Maybelline Liquid lipstick formula in very creamy and helps the product glide on extremely well. The applicator is an extended version of a doe foot applicator with a flat surface and a rounded rectangular edge. This helps the product apply on the lips with one full stroke. Though, because this formula is creamy you can apply multiple layers and it will not clump up. Be sure to apply layers consecutively though. You don’t want to reapply once the formula is completely dries because this could cause clumping. Again the Maybelline formula is very hydrating and does not make the lips look or feel tight or parched. Thus far I would say in terms of pigmentation, all the liquid lipsticks from the drug store I have tried have a lot of pigmentation. The Maybelline ones apply perfectly well and opaque with just one application.






Now, lets talk packaging! The Maybelline Liquid Lipsticks come in a square tube very similar in style and shape to the brand new Smashbox Liquid lipsticks (I have yet to try these, but I have been hearing amazing things!). I have only tried one of the Maybelline liquid lipsticks thus far and I got mine in the color Nude Flush. A gorgeous nude-y pink shade perfect for everyday looks like the one I have on here. You get 0.26 oz. of product, a little less than its higher end counterparts, but still enough to last you a good month if you were to use nothing else put this color all month long. You get much less product in the Revlon liquid lipsticks and the packaging of those is a bit more bulky.

When it comes to products like liquid lipsticks, preference is key. If you appreciate a drying super matte, transfer-less formula, stick to the Kat Von Ds of liquid lipsticks. If you prefer comfortable creamy, and semi velvet matte formals, you will not be disappointed with a drug store versions.







I hope you have all enjoyed this mini series and be sure to check back for future editions. Thus far, if I had to rank my preference of formulas I would have to say I love the L’Oreal formula the best> Maybelline second> and Revlon last. I forgot to mention the Maybelline liquid lipsticks also have a scent to them, but it is much more subtle to the vivid cherry and fruity scents of the other two brands.


If you enjoyed this post please be sure to like and share with your friends. Also comment below with your favorite drug store liquid lipstick brand and shade? If you have tried the Maybelline Vivid Mattes please let me know in the comments? Love you guys all so much and be sure to follow my blog on Bloglovin https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/looksbyli-14811105 if you are a member and leave me a comment so I can follow back. As always stay chic everybody and I'll see you all back here for my next one!






PRODUCTS MENTIONED:

Maybelline Color Sensation Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick $7.999


No comments:

Post a Comment