Follow

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

MAKEUP | The perfect Summer Smoky Eye Look




Hello everyone and welcome back to Looks By Li. http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com If you are new to my blog you can expect makeup post just like this and a LOT more Fashion, so get ready! Once in a while I like to go through my makeup, especially my eye shadow palettes and break out some of the oldies but goodies I have not used in a bit. For this makeup look featured today I wanted to create a smoky eye look that was wearable enough for everyday, but sultry enough to strut on a gorgeous summer night.  I hope you guys enjoy this look.







For this look I decided to break out my MAC x Brooke Shields Gravitas Eye Shadow collaboration palette that debuted a couple of years ago. This palette retailed for $85 dollars and when it first came out I thought it was stunning, the perfect combo of shimmers, mattes, and summer shade classics. Now if you didn’t get your hands on this palette don’t fret. A ton of the colors and shades I used are part of MAC’s permanent shadow line, which I will link down below. If not I will link dupes for you.








Just to give you a slight mini review of the palette, it comes with 15 shades all fairly pigmented, blend-able, and easy to work with, as we are use to with MAC shadows. They pair exceptionally well together as you can see from the featured look I created using only shadows from this palette. It is a warmer-toned palette to be sure, and there are only a few more colorful shades, so naturally it is predominantly a neutrals palette, which is perfect for creating everyday looks.  Though it is a pretty neutral palette the packaging and the collaboration are what sold me, also the price! It’s not often you will get 15 amazing quality eye shadows from MAC for 85 bucks. Although I am sure now MAC has a similar freedom palette system to INGLOT, http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/134726158850/absolutely-loved-this-look-by-allisonwilburnmua where you can select an empty palette and fill it with your favorite shadows for a fraction of the price of a single eye shadow. If you had gotten this palette’s shadows individually the cost would have been more than $200 so it was definitely worth the investment.






I will go over each of the shades and describe them as well as give you my thoughts on how well they work. I will also let you know how I created this halo smoky eye look and which of the shadows I used.

EYE SHADOWS:

PRETTY- is described as a soft, golden peach beige with a satin finish. I used this to set my eye primer, as it is the closest color to my natural skin tone. It blends beautifully and does not go on chalky. It is not a permanent shade, but a similar color would be Arena. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13840/907/Products/Makeup/Eyes/Shadow/Eye-Shadow-Pro-Palette-Refill-Pan#/shade/Arena

SOFT BROWN- is described as a soft golden peach brown with a matte finish. I used this color in my crease to define and build depth to the eye look. This is a permanent shade and can be found here. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13840/907/Products/Makeup/Eyes/Shadow/Eye-Shadow-Pro-Palette-Refill-Pan#/shade/Soft_Brown This color is a cult favorite on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX6DL86oWNmlTj_LJkv9YmA and I would highly recommend it if you don’t already own this color. It blends beautifully and is the perfect crease transition shade.

EXPENSIVE PINK- is described as a pink with duo-chrome golden flex and is a veluxe pearl finish. This is by far my most favorite shade in the palette and of course I had to use it for this look. I placed this shade in the inner part of my lower lid to create that metallic finish look to the halo eye shape in the center of the lid. You can purchase expensive pink here http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13840/907/Products/Makeup/Eyes/Shadow/Eye-Shadow-Pro-Palette-Refill-Pan#/shade/Expensive_Pink and is definitely one of those shimmer shades I would recommend as it is beautiful to work with and goes on extremely pigmented. I used it wet in my look today to intensify the pigmentation and shine even more.

CLOVE- is described as a mid tone golden brown with a satin finish. This color is a gorgeous mid dark yellow under-toned brown with mostly a matte finish. Great color payoff, but not permanent, similar color would be Charcoal brown, found here. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13840/907/Products/Makeup/Eyes/Shadow/Eye-Shadow-Pro-Palette-Refill-Pan#/shade/Charcoal_Brown

SATIN TAUPE – is described as a taupe with silver shimmer and a frost finish. It is a frost sheen and also a gorgeous color to use for smoky eye looks, but I did not use this shade in this look. This is a permanent MAC shadow and can be found here. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13840/907/Products/Makeup/Eyes/Shadow/Eye-Shadow-Pro-Palette-Refill-Pan#/shade/Satin_Taupe This color is absolutely one of my favorite MAC shades as well.







CANTER – is described as a soft neutral gold with a frost finish. It is a yellow metallic gold, perfect for use as a highlight on the brow bone and tear duct area. This is not a permanent shade, but similar to Dazzlelight found here. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13840/907/Products/Makeup/Eyes/Shadow/Eye-Shadow-Pro-Palette-Refill-Pan#/shade/Dazzlelight

LUSCIOUS – is described as a neutral bronze with a frost finish. More on the orange side it’s a very pretty shimmer shade perfect for use in everyday looks. This is also not permanent, but similar to a shimmer version of Rule found here. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13840/907/Products/Makeup/Eyes/Shadow/Eye-Shadow-Pro-Palette-Refill-Pan#/shade/Rule

ANTIQUED – is described as an ash brown with bronze and a veluxe pearl finish. This is a permanent shade and looks stunning on any eye color and skin tone. It is another cult classic among makeup artists. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13840/907/Products/Makeup/Eyes/Shadow/Eye-Shadow-Pro-Palette-Refill-Pan#/shade/Antiqued

PSYCHE – is described as a shimmering golden olive with a frost finish. I love this color, but sadly there is no other color similar to it and is unique to this palette. If you own Hammered from Colourpop Cosmetics then that color is very similar to this.

CARBON – is described as an intense black with matte finish. A super hyped black color from MAC’s permanent line. I could have done without this color in the palette to be quite honest. I don’t use much black shadows and is also permanent so if you have your heart set on this color it is easily found.







SHROOM – is described as a soft beige with shimmer and a satin finish. I used this color on my brown bone to highlight. This is a must have MAC shimmer shade and can be found here. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13840/907/Products/Makeup/Eyes/Shadow/Eye-Shadow-Pro-Palette-Refill-Pan#/shade/Shroom

PERSUADE – is described as a mid tone cool grey brown with a matte finish. I used this color to create the depth color around the halo on each corner of the eyelid and to intensify the crease color even more.

PLUMMED – is described as a shimmering dark plum with a veluxe pearl finish. One of my favorite colors in this palette I used it everywhere I layered down Persuade, over top. This helps create depth and add more drama and shimmering color to the look. Plum dressing is a similar shade. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13840/907/Products/Makeup/Eyes/Shadow/Eye-Shadow-Pro-Palette-Refill-Pan#/shade/Plum_Dressing 

LOFTY – is described as a cool blackened brown with a satin finish. No similar MAC shade for this.

PEPPER – is described as a dark charcoal with a velvet finish.  No similar MAC shade for this.







There you have it! I hope you enjoyed this review and makeup look. If you have any questions or would like to know something in particular, please do not hesitate to ask in the comment section below. I love answering all your guy’s questions and any other comments you might have. If you don’t already follow me on social media be sure to click the buttons on the right hand corner of my blog page. Love you guys so much and as always stay chic everybody! I’ll see you guys in my next one!


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment