Follow

Monday, August 8, 2016

MAKEUP | L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss Review




Hello my lovelies and welcome to another liquid lipstick review, drug store edition. If you have not checked out my latest drug store haul https://youtu.be/_cTvEQZAkaU video on YouTube be sure to watch after you read this post.  I also recently reviewed the Revlon http://frame.bloglovin.com/?post=5043180525&blog=14811105&frame_type=blog_profile Ultra HD Matte Lip colors, if you are interested in reading about that drug store favorite.  Now lets get on with today’s makeup review. I think what intrigued me most about this liquid lipstick was the name L’Oreal went for, a matte gloss? How does that work and what does it even mean? I told you guys in my first edition of this series that I am obsessed with liquid lipsticks. Though there are certain criteria I look for in a liquid lipstick, for me must be met, before I can say it is amazing or that I love it. Up until this point I had never tried any drug store counterparts of this incredible lip craze that started a couple of years back.

Finally, after a year I decided to give some of the drug store options a try. I have to say I think companies like Revlon and L’Oreal wanted to go with something a bit different and unique when it came to the liquid lipstick trend. What I have discovered thus far is that these liquid lipsticks are nothing like your typical ultra matte, non-transfer, non-moving, thin liquid-like formulas, that have been adopted by higher end brands like Anastasia Beverly Hills and Kat Von D.






So, going back to the L’Oreal liquid lipstick name “matte gloss” it leads us to believe that this gloss can and might perform somewhat like a matte liquid lipstick. Here are some of the key points I discovered after about a month use of this product. The product applies initially with a slightly wet, glossy like finish and dries down to a demi-matte finish. Hence this is where the product gets its name. L’Oreal wanted to produce a comfortable formula unique to it’s drying, tight, matte liquid lipstick predecessors. The consistency of the L’Oreal infallible pro matte gloss and feel of it is between a gel-stain and a longwearing liquid lipstick. I purchased mine in the color Nude Allude, and the pigmentation is extremely strong on this color and performs nothing like a translucent gloss would. With this product you truly get the best of both worlds, glossy semi-matte comfort of a creamy liquid formula, with the staining and staying power of a matte liquid lipstick. You can also build this color up and it will not clump up on the lips. I am not sure how other colors perform, but if you have found them to be less opaque please let me know in the comments below.

The applicator in this product is among one of my favorite types as well. It is almost heart-shaped and covers the entire surface of your lip, if you have semi small lips like I do. The end tip is also perfect for reaching those hard to reach corners you normally would have difficulty with a normal doe foot applicator. This applicator helps spread the product evenly and with high precision. Definitely wish more liquid lipsticks shared this applicator design.





Very much like the Revlon Ultra Mattes, this L’Oreal Matte Gloss has a fruity scent. I absolutely love the scent and seems to dissipate almost immediately after application to your lips. If you are sensitive to smells you may not enjoy the scent of these, but I happen to like scented products and is very typical of very high-end brands, such a Dior, YSL and Chanel.  

All in all the formula, to me, was very comfortable, not too matte like a typical lip moisture sucking liquid lipstick formula, and not too glossy like a super rich, sticky gloss formula. It’s the child of both worlds and very comfortable to wear all day long. Also because of the staining power the longevity of this matte gloss is very powerful. I would say it lasted a good six hours on my lips before it started to rub off with drinking and eating. I wouldn’t say these are 100% transfer proof, but they do last a long time on the lips.





The L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Glosses come in six shades and like I stated earlier I got to try the shade in nude allure. Much like the name it is a pinky/red mauve nude toned lip color and perfect for everyday use, or bold looks like the one I featured in this post.

Finally, but certainly not least these babies retail for about $9.99 on the L’Oreal website, but can be found for a more affordable price tag at Target or Wal-Mart or you local drug store. Just keep an eye out for those savings coupons. Though these are among the pricier drugstore versions, they definitely possess one of the better drug store liquid lipstick formulas in my opinion.







I hope you have enjoyed this post and if there is anything I missed or forgot to mention please leave me your questions in the comments below. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and I'll see you right back here on Looks By Li http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com for tomorrows post. You can also follow my blog on Bloglovin https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/looksbyli-14811105 if you are part of this community. As always stay chic everybody and thank you so much for your continual love and support.


PRODUCTS MENTIONED:




No comments:

Post a Comment