Follow

Friday, June 17, 2016

Feature Friday: Colourpop Cosmetics - Sunset Eyes





Hello everyone and happy Friday! Its that time of the week again when I do this series on my blog titled “Feature Friday.” If you are new to my blog, this series incorporates makeup and fashion brands I believe deserve some recognition for some of their outstanding products. This week’s stellar mention has to be ColourPop Cosmetics! I have been a fan and loyal customer of this brand for years, and no they are not paying me to say this. I simply love their products. I want to begin this feature by telling you a little bit about this company, its inception, and why I am obsessed with their super shock shadows, especially the one I am featuring in this look today, mittens!








First, lets begin with a little time travel to where it all started for this company and how it has grown so much. From starting as an eye shadow company to blowing away the competition in the liquid lipstick market, and now delving into blushes, highlighters, and their newest line of sculpting stix! The company first burst into the scenes and was conceived in the city of Angels (Los Angeles), California. This location makes it one of the best opportunities for this company to stay on trend, while being able to deliver the most on point products to the masses. Their motto and slogan is “if you can dream it, you can do it”, and they have proven this time and time again with their Youtuber collaborations such as Coffee with Dani and Kathleen Lights. Two amazingly wonderful and talented ladies, like you and me, who wanted to make their dreams come true and were given the opportunity by developing some amazing products with Colourpop . The biggest selling point for me is that ColourPop makes inexpensive makeup with the highest of quality I have seen from top brand like Laura Mercier and Makeup forever. Yes, you read that right; they stalk up to the highest-end of companies when it comes to quality. When they say they don’t believe in the barrier between price point and quality they mean it. Like I stated before I have been using their products for years and I have never found their quality to be any less than outstanding. This company goes above and beyond trying to formulate and create products everyone will love and they are willing to work with people like you and I to accomplish their goals as a brand. There truly isn’t enough I could say about this brand, they are simply out of this world, with customer service that exemplifies what its definition should be, simply excellent. They ship your products with love and they even send you a little note with your name on it to prove it. The attention to detail and love they put behind every one of their products is unlike any other company and mind you, you are not paying an arm and a leg for a great eye shadow. Did I mention they are also cruelty free? Yes they only test on humans. Once again I simply cannot say enough wonderful things about this cosmetics brand.











Lets shift gears and talk about my featured look now. For the summer time I love to break out my rich browns, bright oranges, and deep reds. One of my go-to looks is the ever so popular sunset eye look. This makeup look screams summer to me and I hope it does for you as well. The star shadow of this look is mittens by ColourPop, a deep rich brown matte color. I tend to love smothering this shade all over my lid for a beautiful smoky eye effect. In the crease I created a sunset effect with colors from the recently released Alice through the Looking Glass Palette from Urban Decay.  A complete detail of all products used will be listed down below along with links to where to purchase them.






Creating this look is a lot simpler than you may think. Start by building up the colors and transitions on your crease and then build the colors around the eye look. Using a mid-tone peach shade place this color in the crease and build it up to the preferred intensity. Then using a reddish-pink deep matte color place that color on top the already used peach shade. This will begin to build color in the crease and give the illusion of sunset eyes. Once you have the intensity built up on the crease, its time to place the star of the show. Using the colourpop super shock shadow in mittens place this color all over the lid making sure not to go over too high on the colors already on the crease. Then with a light brown intensify and help defuse the reds in the crease colors and the lid color for a smooth transition. Then pick a skin tone cream color to pack on the brow bone and inner corner for a pop of highlight. Using the orange and red shades mix and build the colors on the lower lash line. Pop on some mascara and falsies, if you like, and you got yourself a look! I also went ahead and used a gold bronze metallic liquid lipstick color on my lips for that extra pop of drama to the look.






I hope you guys enjoyed this look and be sure to follow my blog, Looks By Li on Bloglovin for more tutorials, makeup and fashion trends. If you love this series and would like to see more, click here! Thank you all so much for your support and affection on social media, hope to see you guys here on Monday for my next post. As always stay chic everybody and happy weekend!!



FACE:
Foundation- L’Oreal true match lumi cushion
Concealer- Maybelline Fit Me
Powder- Laura Mercier Translucent setting
Bronzer- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel
Blush- Milani Luminoso

EYES:
UD Alice through the looking glass palette shadows – brow bone (lily and looking glass); crease shades (reflection, paradox, cake, and Salazen grum); lid shade  ColourPop Cosmetics super shock shadow in (mittens); low lash line (paradox and salazen grum); mascara- cover girl super sizer fibers mascara

LIPS:
LASplash Cosmetics waterproof lip luster lipstick in Guadalupe



  

No comments:

Post a Comment