Follow

Friday, June 24, 2016

Feature Friday: NARS Audacious Lipsticks Collection




Hello everyone and Happy Friday! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend ahead with fun adventures planned. The boyfriend and I will be heading to the movies this weekend to watch the “Shallows” and “Independence Day”. Leave me a comment below if you have seen any of these already. I digress you guys are here because of makeup, not my weekend plans lol. So lets get to it! This week’s Feature Friday post edition will revolve around my entire NARS audacious lipstick collection. If you are new to my blog and have no clue what Feature Fridays are, don’t fret! This series on my blog involves a featured makeup or fashion product/piece I feel deserves some recognition. If you would like to read more on this series stay turned till the end for links on where to read more. I say entire like I own the whole lipstick collection, but unfortunately I do not. I am slowly building up to all the shades, because at $32 bucks a pop these are still a bit out of reach for me. But for now I own 5 and let me tell you, spoiler alert, I am a huge fan! I feel that after collecting this amount and having ample time to truly play with them and test them out, that I have a good handle on what to look for and if you guys should go ahead and splurge on these if you are on the market for a new high-end lipstick.







For my feature posts I always like to give you guys an overall view of not just the product itself, but the company that stands behind it. I am fairly new to the world of NARS cosmetics. The first ever NARS product I purchased was a cheek blush palette from their Guy Bourdin Collection, a few years ago. Before then I would hear a lot of makeup gurus on YouTube proclaim how incredible their blushes were, and that “you needed them in your life”. Well, I’ll be honest I fell for it, but I was still very apprehensive to purchase a $30 blush even after hearing these girls rave about them. So I waited and then I heard about this palette and I jumped on the chance to own a set of 4 blushes (Orgasm, Deep Throat, Goulue, and Mistinguette) and their famous bronzer (Laguna) and Highlight (Divotee) all for a price of less than just two full size blushes. If you take anything away from this post, take this, wait for NARS’ collections. Not only do they often do very special collaborations (For makeup collectors), but they also release palettes that give you the opportunity to sample more of their products for half the price. Now that is a deal I would not miss out on!









After purchasing this palette I was hooked. I loved the pigmentation, the texture, the colors, everything. I knew I had to try more NARS products. Then the audacious lipsticks hit the market and NARS broke the Internet. Everyone and their mothers where talking about these babies like they were the second coming to lipsticks. Creamy, rich pigmentation, in all colors, nudes, brights, deeps you name it these lipsticks had it. Once again, though, I found myself apprehensive about shelling out so much money on one itty bitty lipstick, so I did what I do best when it comes to hyped products I know will be permanent to a collection, I waited! Guess what, not more than a few months later NARS released their Steven Klein collection for the holidays. In it was a beautiful box of audacious lipstick goodness. This treasure box came with 5 lipsticks for the price of $160. I know what you are thinking, almost two hundred bucks on lipsticks, who does that? Here is where I say lets do some math shall we. Each lipstick is valued at $32 times 5 comes out to, you got it, $160 dollars. BUT, and there is a huge but, you are getting a treasure box with a famous photographer’s work on it that is a unique and valued piece of makeup history. I mean the sheer beauty of this is worth the price to me with no discount. Would I have appreciated a slight price break, sure, but I was getting full size products and a jewelry box with the quality of something that would probably cost you about 50 dollars or more alone. So I would say there was a good deal in all of this. Anyways you guys can judge for yourselves. The box was a LE item so I don’t believe it is longer available, but the lipsticks still are and I will link everything below as always.






Now lets take a look at NARS cosmetics the company and what makes it so unique in the world of beauty. One of the many reasons I love NARS, not just for its wonderful great quality products, but because it was started by a man with a vision. The company is a French cosmetics and skincare company founded by makeup artist and photographer Francois Nars, no wonder they often do collaborations with photographers, am I right. You will find this story incredible and hard to believe, but this is why everyone wants to believe that dreams can come true, because visionaries like Mr. Nars started his cosmetic line with a simple idea and twelve lipsticks. The lipsticks were sold at Barneys NY and since then, NARS has created various multi-use beauty products and is now a subsidiary of Shiseido. If you ever wondered why Shiseido has such wonderful products too, now you know, it’s because they have a magnificent makeup brand backing them. The cosmetic launch of the twelve lipsticks came in 1994 so its safe to say this company is still in its infancy and has become a super powerhouse in the beauty world over many years. Francois Nars is known for pushing boundaries and the envelope of beauty and his brand reflects this edge that no other cosmetics brand does. The unique elements and craftsmanship of his products down to their names has his signature esthetic written all over them. This is another reason why I was so captivated by the Steven Klein collection and knew this would be the perfect opportunity to try out these amazing lipsticks I had heard so much about.





So lets get into the review and some swatches. Like I stated before the Coffret came with 5 of NARS’ most popular and highly rated audacious lipsticks in the shades Raquel, Juliette, Anna, Fanny and Charlotte. A wonderful mix of nudes, coral, prinks, and deep reds.






Nars Humoresque Audacious Lipstick Coffret $160:

The audacious lipsticks come in 40 shades all in their new highly rich and pigmented formula. I have never tried a regular NARS lipstick so I don’t know how these compare to the original formula, but I will elaborate on my experience with the colors I own and have tested out. The formula is characterized by rich color payoff paired with a creamy, satiny finish that gives lips a smoother, fuller look. I would agree %100 with that statement. The formula was fairly consistent among all five shades I own. I have heard some shades may perform differently though. I also liked the feel and comfort of these lipsticks. I wouldn’t say these dry down to a complete matte like say a MAC Ruby Woo lipstick would, and they definitely feel rich and creamy on the lips, no tightening feeling. I would say the texture of these is smooth, very pigmented with a satin finish. They don’t dry the lips and they last for a good 6 hours without touching.

Raquel: Is a lightly pink-tinted, light-medium peach with a glossy finish. Out of all of them this one had the least pigmentation and I would give it a 4/5. The lasting power wasn’t very great standing at about 4 hours. The formula was comfortable and it did look creamy and satin on the lips. https://www.narscosmetics.com/USA/audacious-lipstick/999NARS000011.html?dwvar_999NARS000011_color=7845094883#start=1

Juliette: is described as a "pink coral." It's a brightened, medium coral pink with a satin finish. This one had amazing pigmentation, did not look chalky as I find some lipsticks of this shade color often are. It had god lasting power of up to 6 hours and did not stain my lips after wear. This shade is definitely a must have for summer and one of my favorites of the bunch! https://www.narscosmetics.com/USA/audacious-lipstick/999NARS000011.html?dwvar_999NARS000011_color=7845094883#start=1

Anna: is described as a "smoky rose." It's a cool-toned, muted, medium-dark pink with a semi-matte finish. The most matte looking of the bunch and my most favorite color of the pack! This color is a gorgeous everyday wear color. I use this shade to death and I highly recommend it as your first shade to buy, because it will suit most skin tones and you will get so much use out of it. The quality is a 5/5 for me on this one. https://www.narscosmetics.com/USA/audacious-lipstick/999NARS000011.html?dwvar_999NARS000011_color=7845094883#start=1

Fanny: is described as a "rich berry." It's a cool-toned, medium-dark berry pink with a soft sheen. This is another one that gets full marks 5/5 stars! I love this color as my go to deep color for summer! If you own some of these lipsticks, but not Fanny, I highly recommend her!

Charlotte: Lastly, but certainly not least we have Charlotte described as a "oxblood burgundy." It's a brightened, medium-dark red with subtle cool undertones. This is a gorgeous red lipstick. If you have never taken the plunge and bought a red lipstick this is one I believe will suit almost anyone and is a stunning color for the holidays! Specifically the fourth of July coming up very soon! One of the most comfortable reds I have ever worn this one also gets a 5/5 stars for me in pigmentation, quality, and texture. It lasted the longest on my lips at 8 hours and left a beautiful stain red coloring on my lips after fading. https://www.narscosmetics.com/USA/audacious-lipstick/999NARS000011.html?dwvar_999NARS000011_color=7845094883#start=1






Wish they had one in my name, but I can’t complain. These lipsticks are worth the hype and definitely worth investing in at least one shade. I was happy to have bought this collection as I got to sample a great range of colors, pigmentations, and textures. Though they all have the same formula they do perform somewhat differently due to the colors. Ultimately these are a great lipstick to own.








I hope you all enjoyed this “FeatureFriday” and if you care to read more post like this one click here now! Be sure to also follow my blog Looks By Li on Bloglovin so you never miss out on when I post new content. Also connect with me on ALL social media so we can chat on the daily and be friends! Thank you guys as always for your lovely comments and support, as always Stay Chic Everybody and be safe this weekend! See you all back here on Monday! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment