Follow

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Trend Tuesday: How to Style Summer Hats








Hello my chic people! I hope everyone had an incredible Father’s Day celebration with your special dads. If you read my Father’s Day Gift Guide post you know my dad lives in Florida and so I did not get the chance to hug and kiss him, but soon I will be making my way there and spending some much needed time with my family. Comment below with what you guys did one this great day!








First, I want to apologize for not having posted a Monday Must-Haves  like I normally do. Work was a lot more hectic than usual and so I literally had no time to write. But, today is a new day and I have an exciting new post for you guys, so lets get on with the fashion. On Tuesdays I like to do a series here on my blog, which incorporates hot trends of the season. One of those trends this year has to be summer hats. Now I don’t think I have mentioned this on my blog before, but I am hat obsessed! I have them in every color, texture, style, and look, from caps, to fedora, to floppies! I know some people may think, hats and say hats are for the fall and winter season, but I think a statement accessory like a hat is good any time of year, especially ones that look like they should be worn for fall, but actually work perfectly for spring and summer too! Keep reading for tips on how to style trendy hats for any occasion.






For my featured look today I bring you this classy, yet elegant chic look, which I paired with this statement black, faux suede hat. I also decided to classy the look up even more by adding a light trench coat. Who said trenches are only good for dreary fall days? I sure didn’t. I think this style is very classy for a brunch or even a date night look for summer. I added an apropos summer dress to finish the look. If you have been following my blog for a while you know I featured this summer dress before in my how to style the Adidas superstar sneaker. Click here if you want to read more on that post. Like I stated in that post this dress is very versatile and you can see how well you can dress it up or down to fit any occasion and style.





Straw hats are a huge trend for summer at the moment, especially straw hats with unique and fun artistic writing and sayings on the brim. I will be brining you a fun DIY incorporating this trend soon, so stay tuned for that. Being on the hunt for that perfect summer hat can be daunting sometimes. I suggest heading to your favorite store, and trying every hat you can get your hands on. Usually your favorite store will carry your style, so the hats they carry will bound to speak to your style sense. Once you have picked out your favorite hat and love the way you look in it, you will be ready to style it for just about any occasion. Try to pick a hat you know you will wear often. I selected this black one because its elegant and sleek, which fits very well with my style and I also know I will be wearing it very often. Whether you are into fedoras, trendy Panama hats, or wide-brim floppy hats (like the one featured) there is something for everyone, trust me! Any style is wonderful and perfect for summer; it automatically makes any look cool! Plus hats can be very functional too, keeping the sun off your face is a must for me during the summer, and since I am out more I definitely break out my entire hat collection. Hats can also aid in keeping that untamable, bad hair day at bay. If you already have your favorite hat or are on the hunt for one, but now you need to learn how to style it, you have come to the right place! I love hats so much and there is so much inspiration out there I had to share my go-to hat looks with you guys.







Style One: The All American look

Nothing says and screams more American than a straw fedora hat, paired with some distressed cowgirl high wasted jean shorts and a stripped crop top. You can even keep the shorts and pair the look with a simple al white blouse, light and airy for summer. Finish the look with a nice bootie or boots and you got yourself a nice everyday look, for a cool pool party or a day at the beach with friends. You can also substitute the boots for flip flops and you will be ready for anything.










Style Two: The Elegant Look

Hopefully you all take some inspiration juice from my featured look here. I think faux suede hats, especially all black ones are very trendy and chic. This style makes any look more sophisticated and elegant. It’s perfect for a lovely summer night out, or summer date night out with the bae.









Style Three: The Bohemian Look 

Take your favorite Panama Hat and pair it with a long flowy, stripped or printed maxi dress and you got yourself a comfortable chic look for summer. This look can take you from day to night in a synch. Add a lovely light-wash denim jacket for that extra American vibe. This look would also be perfect for a 4TH of July party.








Style Four: The Beach look

Nothing screams, “I am headed to the beach louder than a classy straw white or tan fedora or floppy hat paired with your bathing suit and a lovely flowy white cover up. Simply worn alone with your bathing suite or a unique outfit, both styles will give you a little extra chic-ness by the pool or at the shore. I also love styling fedoras with denim looks or playsuits and rompers. These act perfect as cover-ups as well for a day out at the beach with friends, or a pool party.







Fourth of July celebrations will be upon us soon so what better way to make a statement then by wearing and styling a cool hat. I hope you all enjoyed this look and my favorite go to style tips for wearing hats during the summer season. Please comment below with your favorite hat style and ways you look to style your summer hats. For more Trend Tuesday posts click here! Be sure to follow my blog, Looks By Li on Bloglovin so you never miss any of my new posts. Love you guys so much for all your support. A huge thanks to all of you that have commented and enjoyed my style tips. Be sure to also follow me on social media so we’ll always stay connected! As always I sign off saying, Stay chic everybody! Mwah!!  <3 <3

WHAT I WORE:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment