Follow

Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday Must-Have: The Most Worn item in My Closet






Hello my lovelies! I hope everyone had an incredible weekend! My boyfriend and I actually went on a total movie binge this weekend and saw a double feature, The Shallows and Independence Day Resurgence. Did anyone go to the movies this weekend and if you did, what did you see? Comment below!

Enough catching up though, I am sure you guys are here because you realized this was a fashion post, not a recap of my movie taste lol. If you are new to my blog, first of all, Welcome! On Mondays I like to do a series here on my blog, which highlights fashion pieces or makeup products I believe are a Must-Have in anyone’s wardrobe. This week looking into my closet I realized, there is an item I wear a TON! Not only do I wear this item often, but it also happens to be quite a staple in most everyone’s wardrobe. So if this is an item that you don’t have at least two colors of in your wardrobe right now, then you need to make a shopping trip pronto. I am talking about the denim short! Now-a-days there are so many washes, colors, and styles, that styling them can get a bit overwhelming. I am not going to lie I love the denim on denim style. I have been hearing rumors from beauty bloggers that this trend is becoming dated and tacky, well I am here to tell you denim on denim can be a simple and effortless chic style if you know how to pull it off.








The denim short is such a staple piece because it is effortless and you can dress it up or down to suite many different occasions. Now if you work in an office Mondays through Fridays I might recommend you keep this staple for the weekends. Believe it or not I work in an office full time, so business wear is what I am allowed to style over the week, but when that weekend rolls around you better believe I will be in my denim shorts! I live in these things and I never get tired of styling them. For the easiest throw-on-and-go style, you need little more than a white Tee and slip-on sneakers, but if you are on your way to a summer brunch, this may call for a button-up and blazer combo with some stylish pumps. Like I said dress them up or down and celebrate the fact that it’s finally time to pull those jean shorts out of storage with these style tips I am about to give you.








There is a very good reason why denim shorts are my go-to most worn piece of fashion in my wardrobe. In my feature look today I was on my way to a movie and lunch with my boyfriend. I love looking casual on the weekends, but still adding flare and elements of my style that will help make me feel a bit more put together than with just a simple white Tee and shorts. The way I like to do this is with accessories and shoes. For my look I went with a denim-on-denim style. My personal favorite is mixing jeans of different washes and tones. I went with a light wash button-up top, to give me a more casual yet a bit more dressed up overall look. I layered the look with a white tank top underneath the button-up, in case the movie theater was a bit too cold. It often happens to me that I will wear a strappy tank and shorts to the movies and then I’ll be freezing my little butt off for two hours. Layering is also a great way to cut down the jean on jean look without making it look too overwhelming. Plus, you can layer and still feel cool when you are out in the sun. Then I added accessories to complete the full outfit.






If you missed my “how to style summer hats” post I will link it here! In the featured look for today I decided to go with a chic fedora and my Adidas Superstar Trainers to complete the ensemble. If you missed my “how to style the Adidas superstar sneaker” post and would like more fashion inspiration on these stylish throwbacks, click here! I am obsessed with these shoes as well, they are probably my second most worn piece of clothing I have in my wardrobe this season!

As for jewelry I like to keep my looks simple. I always wear my heart necklace my boyfriend got me as a Christmas present two years ago. When I have accessories like hats on, which draw a lot of attention I like to keep the gold and silver jewelry to a minimum. I will need to make a run for the accessories section at Forever21 soon though as there are a few new pieces I would like to get my hands on, but I think I will add that to my Wednesday’s wish list post this week, so be sure to be on the look out for that.










I hope you have all enjoyed this fashion look and comment below on your tips on how you enjoy styling your jean shorts. Also comment and let me know what your most worn piece of clothing has been this season? As always I say, till next time and stay chick everybody!


Please be sure to follow me on all social media so you never miss out on what’s going on with my blog and much more. Also be sure to add me on Bloglovin if you are part of this incredible community. If you are not signup, it’s free!









PRODUCTS WORN:

Blouse: Target (similar) 
http://www.target.com/p/women-s-tencel-shirt-mossimo-supply-co-junior-s/-/A-50309211

Tank Top: Forever21 
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=promobasics&ProductID=2000185695&VariantID=

Shorts: Target (similar) 
http://www.target.com/p/denizen-from-levi-s-women-s-modern-montana-jean-short/-/A-28786703

Shoes: Adidas Superstars 
http://www.adidas.com/us/superstar-shoes/C77153.html

Hat: Forever21 Fedora (similar) 
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspxbr=21MEN&category=ACC&productid=2000052430


Handbag: Louis Vuitton Alma BB Damier Ebene 
http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/alma-bb-damier-ebene-006420

No comments:

Post a Comment