Follow

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wednesday Wishlist: Fun with Color Liners






Hello everyone and welcome back to another “Wednesday Wishlist” edition! If you are new to my blog, this series highlights makeup or fashion pieces that have just hit the market and have you wondering if they are worth adding to your season’s wishlist. This week I have been seeing a lot of trendy makeup looks popping up using fun colorful eyeliners in new and creative ways, and so I decided to give this trend a breakdown and whether you should or shouldn’t invest in colorful liners for the summer season.






The hottest trend in makeup since the liquid lipstick and brow wiz, comes the new age of fun colorful makeup looks with eyeliners. Who knew you could use eyeliners in so many different and creative ways. I have to admit what really got me looking into this trend was the launch of the colourpop cosmetics colorful eyeliners in pencil and gel form. These are for certain on my wishlist!




I wanted to take you through different and creative ways to use colorful liners as well as a list of liners I think are worth the splurge, or at the very least adding them to your summer wishlist. I will also be discussing what liners I am lusting over and why.  Now lets get on with the look.







1.)  The Cut Crease Color Eyeliner Look:

I will admit this colorful makeup looks a lot more complicated than it really is. The trick is to blend and build your crease shadow colors until you have a very graphic and defined looking crease. Start with a clean base and make sure to use an eyeshadow primer. One of my favorites is the original UD primer potion. Then I took the UD naked smoky palette and using the colors combust and whiskey I mixed the two blending them into the crease of my eyes until I had a very defined line. You can use any mid tone nude matte shadow and dark brown matte eyeshadow you want, just make sure they are matte and one is slightly darker than your skin tone while the other is slightly darker than that. This will help create that gradient effect. Next comes the fun part. Using a detail brush use concealer to clean on the lid below the crease to make it appear even more graphic like. Then use any nude tone made shadow to set the concealer on the lid. Finally, adding on the colorful eyeliner. Using a precision angled brush or eyeliner pencil if you are not using gel. Draw the color lines right where the concealer touches the gradient of the cut crease. This will add a flare of color to your look and help you use color eyeliner in a way you never thought possible.








2.)  The Waterline Color Eyeliner Look:

This is probably one of the simplest color eyeliner looks to achieve. Begin with a simple everyday neutral look, or even a smoky eye look like the one I show here. Any eyeshadow look will do just fine. The intent is to give the look a slight edge and pop of color underneath on the waterline. For my look I simply used a yellow color eyeliner gel and a yellow eyeshadow to blend out the liner on the waterline. Easy peasy!












3.)  The Ombre Cat Eye Color Eyeliner Look:

This eyeliner look also looks more complicated than it really is, but I promise with a steady hand a little practice you’ll be rocking this look just about anywhere. For this look I used two different pastel color eyeliners, keep in mind you can use any colors you like, purple with pink, green with yellow, dark blue with light blue. I love the color contrast between yellow and pastel aqua. The best way to achieve this look is to use colors that blend well together and create a seamless appearance when blended on the eyelid. So for my look I took the yellow, light color from the inner part of my tear duck to about half the way down my lid. Then using the aqua color I blended it in the middle with the yellow and drew it out all the way into a cat eye. That’s it! Try to keep the rest of the look as neutral as possible so that the eyeliner simply just adds a pop of color to the lid.







Color Eyeliner Wishlist:






I am extremely intrigued by glitter eyeliners. I have used some by MAC cosmetics and have enjoyed playing with those a lot. I wonder how well these glide on and what the pigmentation is like? I have to say though UD has never let me down so I would imagine these would be worth looking into if you are a color eyeliner fiend like me.









They claim to be extremely creamy enough to apply and make blending super easy. The formula dries down for long-lasting wear. Because the liner is so creamy, they do not break down or crumble or flake off on your eyes. You can smoke it out, smooth it on, or glide it on. I am dying to give these babies a try. Comment below if you have tried these out and your thoughts?






I will vouch for these till I am blue in the face. I absolutely love these gel liners. They glide on smoothly. Dry down matte and they never move, once they set. If you have not given these gel liners a shot you need to right now! I promise they will not disappoint. I need to honestly get more!








I hope you all enjoyed learning how to recreate these colorful eyeliner makeup looks. For more “Wednesday Wishlist” posts be sure to check them out here! I just want to thank you all for your lovely comments on my social media pages and articles. Your love and support means the world to me. If you want to read more Looks ByLi be sure to follow my blog on Bloglovin. Lets be friends and connect with me on all social media:


FACEBOOK: Looks By Li
TWITTER: Look By Li
INSTAGRAM: libutterfly
SNAPCHAT: flutterby413
YOUTUBE: Liana Veronica


No comments:

Post a Comment