Follow

Monday, June 6, 2016

Monday Must-Haves: How to Style Adidas Superstars






Hello everyone! I hope you all had a magnificent weekend! Welcome back to another edition of “MondayMust-Haves”, where I share with you guys my definite essential beauty and fashion pieces of the season. Now that we are on the cusp of summer and the weather is starting to shine through, pun intended, it’s time to break out some old and newly revamped essential favorites! I know everyone has been eyeing the fact that the Adidas Superstar sneakers, or trainers for my UK gals and gents out there, have been blowing up all over social media recently. Well I am here to tell you that if you have been on the fence about getting these, don’t just get them! They are absolutely fabulous, chic and my personal favorite, comfortable as heck to wear! They have made my list of summer must haves this season. I will take you through the great points about this shoe and how to style them, so if you are interested then just keep on reading.









Adidas Superstars $80: (I wear a size 8, but the shoe runs a tiny bit large to size a half down if you prefer a snug fit)

I have to start by saying these gorgeous shoes were gifted to me by a very special person in my life, my boyfriend Kyle. I know a lot of people say the same things about their significant others, but guys it’s definitely true for me, I got very luck with this one. He is my best friend, my confident, my everything and his love and support helps give me the courage to follow my passion for fashion and makeup. I have also been blessed with a beautiful and supportive family that is always there for me through rough times and good times. My mom is my biggest fan and I love her so much for the love she gives me! Love you all so much for your love and support. I hope you all have someone in your life that inspires you as much as the people that surround me do.














Lets begin with a bit of a history lesson on how this once athletic footwear went from athlete shoe turned celebrity trend sensation over night.  The Superstar has been manufactured by Adidas since 1969 and was originally released as a low-top version of the Pro Model basketball shoe. It bares the nickname, “shelltoes”, very appropriately I may add, as it does in fact come with a slightly thicker encased shell toe that gives the shoe a stylish edge. This shoe is known as one of the major influences in the sneaker culture, and it is easy to see why. In terms of a shoe style it offers so much versatility and comfort to any wearer.









As tried and true as a little back dress is to fashion and every woman’s wardrobe, the classic white sneaker is just as timeless if not more so in our current century. The shell toe superstar shoe fits right in with the iconic appeal of the Stan Smith, and even Converse classic Chuck Taylors. With a textured shell toe and sleek black stripes, we just can’t get enough of the Superstars. The shoes first blew up after consumers began seeing them sported by A-listers such as Kyle Jenner and Gigi Hadid. The shoe is stylish and iconic for a reason, from after dinner drinks with friends to a casual weekend shopping in the city, these shoes can take you to and from almost any occasion. Don’t believe me, here are some ways I recommend styling your white sneakers, but remember that fashion is what you make of it, so have fun and don’t restrict yourself. Just because they are sneakers doesn’t mean you can’t wear them with a dress. That is why my featured look today shows you how you can sport the Adidas Superstars with a dress for summer.









For my featured look I wanted to show the extreme versatility of the sneaker. Most people would think sneaker and automatically want to style them with jeans and a plain white tee. For my look I wanted to keep the colors neutral and within the same color family. The shoe is iconic for its shell toe and black design stripes on the side. It is very graphic looking in nature, so I decided to pair it with an even more graphic summer dress. The flow of the dress gives the shoe a feminine vibe and airiness to it that you wouldn’t get if you styled the shoes with skinny jeans. I topped the look with a straw material fedora with an equally stylish graphic black trim, and a neutral tan belt for a classier look. I accessorized with a floral necklace to give the look more of a summer feel. The look is perfect for a day out in the sun during summer, a casual day out with friends, or even a movie date night with your partner.






I hope you enjoyed this look and let me know in the comments below how you love to style you Superstars? If you love my Monday must-haves, please click here for past editions! For more looks by li, be sure to follow me on Bloglovin, it’s free!






Lets be friends and start a convo with me on social media:


INSTAGRAM: Libutterfly https://twitter.com/LooksByLi
TWITTER: Looks By Li https://twitter.com/LooksByLi
FACEBOOK: Looks By Li https://www.facebook.com/LooksByLi/
SNAPCHAT: Flutterby413



For beauty video and more check out my YouTube channel!






No comments:

Post a Comment