Follow

Monday, July 25, 2016

FASHION | And Then There was a Frayed Top




It appears that, properly hemmed jeans are a thing of the past and so last season! At least according to the Frayed Jeans trend splashing across fashion bloggers all over Instagram https://www.instagram.com/libutterfly/ and Pinterest. https://www.pinterest.com/lianaroa/ We are all very familiar with the latest hot trend in fashion when it comes to distressed, ripped, or torn jeans. It seems now that this trend is also transitioning over to other essential fashion pieces, like tops! The trick to creating or buying the perfect frayed jean is to make sure to chop the bottoms to where they hit right at the ankle. This allows a plethora of styling possibilities with pointy pumps, strappy sandals, flat loafers, sneakers, or even ankle boots.  The frayed jean adds a sense of DIY possibilities to your whole outfit look. But what if we took this concept and broadened it to other fashion pieces such as shirts, and sweaters. Its important to find materials that will fray similarly to jeans when they are cut or you can do like I did and just stalk your favorite boutiques and online shops for the perfect Frayed Top.















For my look today I wanted to showcase how effortlessly chic an outfit can look when incorporating the frayed trend. Just because you think torn or distressed doesn’t mean you will end up looking like a hot mess. No matter what you chose to fray, a frayed top can be equally as versatile as the frayed jean. Stay tuned for more looks to come incorporating frayed denim and tops like this one.








If you recently subscribed to my YouTube channel you might have caught my huge Zara sale haul. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EuLElXn37E Unfortunately the sale is no longer going on, but don’t fret. Their end of year sale in December is just around the corner. The reason I mentioned it is, because this is exactly where I bout this amazing trendy top! I think this top is so versatile and can be worn in so many different ways. Don’t be afraid of trends, embrace them and try different combinations of clothing pieces with it. For instance I paired this top with jeans, but you can easily add a more romantic vibe by adding the top with a frayed denim shirt or even a flared pleated skirt.







Be sure to also experiment with shoes. Even though the top is prayed you can easily style it with just about any shoe you can think of. Shoes are a great way to make causal tops look fancier. I could have easily paired my feature look with pumps instead of sneaker to give a more Hollywood glam vibe.








I wanted this look to be very causal and chic, which is why I settled on the converse. These shoes are my go-to favorite footwear for summer! This top can equally be showcased for a night out or a date night, so be sure to come back to my blog often so you never miss out on new fashion posts, or just follow me here! https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/looksbyli-14811105









I hope you all enjoyed this look. Be sure to comment below with your favorite trend this summer or if you have tried frayed pieces? How do you like to style them? Start a conversation with me! Love you guys and as always stay chic everybody!








FOR MORE FASHION LOOKS BY LI:

WHAT I WORE:


No comments:

Post a Comment