Follow

Friday, July 22, 2016

Feature Friday | Marc Jacobs Night Owl Palette






Hi everyone and TGIF! It’s Friday and you all know what that means, a special feature. If you are new to my blog, welcome! Every Friday I like to do a series here on my blog titled Feature Friday. http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/146409081250/feature-friday-nars-audacious-lipsticks These posts depict beauty and fashion brand items I believe deserve some well-deserved praise. This week’s feature has to go to none other than Mr. Marc Jacobs.

Perhaps it is because Marc Jacobs is a high-end brand or perhaps it’s because some may consider the brand to be more focused on a particular age group. Whatever the reason, it is not a beauty brand I hear trend on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX6DL86oWNmlTj_LJkv9YmA often or even the beauty blogging community (minus their newly released diffused blush collection for summer, post to come on these soon). Perhaps the reason lies in the fact that when high-end fashion designers move into the beauty market and industry they don’t always focus their marketing tactics in this area.  Regardless of the reason, it is a brand I admire a lot for its outstanding beauty products. I have only had the pleasure of testing out their eye shadow palettes and let me tell you, the brand does not disappoint. The eye shadows are among some of the richest, creamiest, most blend-able products I have ever come across. They definitely rival the quality of brands like Makeup Forever and Kat Von D.





Whenever I do these features I always like to give you all a bit of history and background on the brand before venturing into explaining why I think so highly of it. So let’s see what is there to say about this talent of man? Marc Jacobs is among the hardest workingmen in America, in my opinion. He has ventured into creative designing for Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, and even Diet Coke if you could believe that. He studied fashion and design at the Parsons School of Design in New York City, worked under many prominent fashion houses and is now the name of his own brand in fashion and beauty. Mr. Jacobs is a man of all trades and very prominently regarded as someone who loves to push boundaries, and that’s not just because he is a gay man either. Stylistically and esthetically speaking he pushes the boundaries of design, color, and pattern! This was very evident in his Louis Vuitton Multicolored collection back when he was the head creative director there. He took the traditional LV pattern and introduced color, which appealed to a larger audience. This is what he does; he dares you to see color and pattern in a way you never thought possible.





By now I am sure you have a good sense of how I feel about this incredible designer and artist. So let’s focus on the topic of this post, which is of course, Marc Jacobs beauty. Like I stated before, the brand has some of the best eye shadows in the business, in my opinion, and if you have not ventured into buying any of it’s products I highly recommend you hit that Sephora.com webpage you browse incessantly everyday. By the way, small disclaimer, Marc Jacobs is not paying me to tell you how great his makeup is, although Mr. Jacobs if you are reading this I would love a job at your company (wink).

My featured look, very much like Mr. Jacobs, pushes the boundaries of color use in makeup trends. One being the blue eye shadow! How often have you looked at a blue eye shadow in a palette and thought, “what the heck is this doing here? or what am I going to do with that?” Blue eye shadow has to be one of the most intimidating eye shadow trends and colors to date for a majority of people. I am here to tell you to set your mind at ease. It’s not such a crazy color when you know what colors and looks to pair it with. Now I know my featured look is a bit out there, but trust me when I tell you, blue can be very wearable.





If you want to learn how I created this golden blue goddess eye shadow look using the Marc Jacobs Night Owl palette, then just keep reading. This look, much like the title of the palette that was used to create it, is perfect for a night out with your honey, or a girl’s night out at the club, or even an extravagant gala. Whichever event you chose to strut this look in, be sure to tag me so I can see all your recreations. Remember that makeup is meant to be fun, and also what Marc Jacob always says, “I always find beauty in things that are odd and imperfect - they are much more interesting.” Look into the beauty of a blue eye shadow and let it transform your night out smoky eye! 

I like to start with a clean face and do my foundation last, this way you wont have to worry about fall out. Then be sure to use a good under eye shadow primer. You guys know my go-to is the Urban Decay Primer position in the original formula. Then use the lightest, skin tone shade from the Marc Jacobs palette, if you have it, if not use any light skin tone shade you have, to place all over the eyelid. This will help set that primer and work as your inner corner and brow bone highlight. Then using the gorgeous blue shade in the night owl palette build this color in your crease only, making sure to intensify it in the inner crease while diffusing it out. To create a halo effect like I did just add this color to innermost corner of your eye and the outer most corner, making sure to leave a gap in the center of your lower eyelid portion. Then using the golden color, pat this shadow in that gap you left in the center of your eyelid. And that’s it you guys! The perfect halo blue smoky eye for a wonderful show stopping night out. Just repeat the steps on your lower lash line and your look is complete. Add your favorite mascara and falsies if you prefer, of course!




I hope you all enjoyed creating this look with me. If you can’t get enough of my Feature Fridays be sure to click below for past posts. If you are a member of bloglovin, don’t forget to follow me here! https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/looksbyli-14811105  Also be sure to follow me on social media so you always know when I post new content. As always stay chic everybody! Love you guys and have a safe weekend! As always the links to everything used will be below.

MORE FETURE FRIDAY POSTS:


PRODUCTS USED AND MENTIONED:

FACE:
Foundation- Lancome Teint Idole 24 hr.
Powder- Laura Mercier Translucent
Bronzer- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel
Blush- NARS orgasm

BROWS:
GLOSSIER- Boy Brow Pomade

EYES: Marc Jacobs Night Owl Palette- shadows used: light sin tone, blue shade, and golden shade (they do not have names)
Mascara: Clinique

LIPS:
Josie Maran- Lip Stain (in center of lips)
Lip Gloss- Anastasia Beverly Hills gloss in Undressed


No comments:

Post a Comment