Follow

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Trend to Try: Cool for Summer Fashion Look




Hello everyone and I hope you are all having a wonderful week! If you are new to my blog welcome to Looks by Li, http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com where I love to dazzle you with fun and exciting posts, all about beauty and fashion. Today’s post is no exception. I wanted to try a new spin on the casual summer outfit, but instead of using bright corals and warm tones, I thought I would bring you a more cool toned fashion look, hence the title cool for summer.


We all know jeans and leather jackets are a girl’s best friend and wardrobe staples, but you would never think to pick colors outside the box. I wanted to share this post with you guys to show you that cool tone clothing should never be intimidating and that with just a few style tips and tricks you can learn to style cool tones like the pros. I hope you guys enjoy this post and if you want to learn all about styling cool tones for summer then just keep on reading.







I have to be honest I love jeans in most every color, bust sometimes colors outside of your regular blues can be a bit daunting to style. I am absolutely obsessed with Hudson Jeans http://www.hudsonjeans.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwqpK8BRD7ua-U0orrgkESJADlN3YBW-VWm1UkfAV56laaj-rjOmucvUMCASpx-4hqRIMvbhoCkHnw_wcB (no I am not being paid to say this about them lol). The comfort and fit of the jeans just works for my body type and they have a large selection in just about any style and color you can think of. That being said when I took the plunge on buying these jeans I wanted a color I knew I could style all year long and that I could wear any season. You would be surprised how much use I get out of these babies.

On this particular day the weather in NY was just not the greatest, even though we are officially in full summer swing! I guess you could say I dressed according to the mood of the day. Cloudy, dark, grey tones, equals a cool toned summer look.  If you have been drying to break out your grey jeans but aren’t too sure of just how they fit in the summer season then here are my style tips to help. Just like blue jeans, grey jeans come in a variety of shades (from light wash to dark wash). Pick the shade that suits you best. Don’t get me wrong I love a black jean too, but I find it to look too formal at times. The grey jean is a perfect way to pull of casual with a slight chic edge. Try to challenge yourself and pick a light grey wash, instead of the easier to style darker washes. Also, no one says you have to pick grey skinny jeans. Go with the fit you like to wear most, like boot cut or bell bottoms (yes these babies are still in fashion and very hot for summer I may add). Keep in mind that grey is a neutral shade so they should match a lot of the items that you already have in your wardrobe.







WHAT TO WEAR WITH GREY JEANS

In my featured look I wanted to keep the outfit within the same color scheme. Since grey pairs very well with cool tones I thought a statement burgundy leather jacket was just the thing to add that summer element and pop of fun color to the look. I added a casual feel to the look by pairing it with a striped crop top. Crop tops are so in right now during the summer months, because they are casual yet comfortable and very stylish to wear. Not to mention they keep you nice and cool on very hot summer days. On this particular day the weather was on the chiller side rather than hot, hence the pairing of the leather jacket for some warmth.

Now you can get creative with striped patterns. Don’t think just because you are wearing grey that your shirt has to match. You can easily go for a red and white striped crop top as well or a regular stripped shirt.  Finally, I finished the look off with a comfortable pair of sneakers with a striped element to balance the stripes on my shirt. I am currently obsessed with my Adidas Superstars and style them with just about any look! For more styles using these shoes click here. http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/146555879620/monday-must-have-the-most-worn-item-in-my-closet Don’t forget how important footwear and accessories can be when completing a look. Accessories do an amazing job of pulling a look together and helping it to look more cohesive. You can also change out the sneakers in this look for a pair of flat sandals or even block heel sandals for a more elegant style, if you are on your way to a date night or night out with friends.







OTHER WAYS TO STYLE GREY JEANS

For a more dressed up look, substitute the stripes all together and go for a solid print blouse in dark purple or red. I absolutely love bright apple red colors to pair with grey jeans. Switch the jacket out for a black blazer, and some red pumps or black heels and you got yourself a hot little number for the perfect business dinner or work look. If you want to wear grey jeans to work, try a flared version with a muted blouse like black or white, for a more professional vibe. If a hot, Friday club night is more your speed, pair the skinny grey jeans with a silk cami/strappy blouse, and your highest heels for the perfect chic night look.

The versatility you can achieve with a cool toned fashion palette for summer is endless. Also don’t forget you can pair grey jeans with floral prints. Yes babes, florals for summer, ground breaking! A little devil wears Prada humor there for you!








I hope you all have enjoyed this post and have a better sense of how to style your grey jeans and cool toned clothing pieces. If you love fashion as much as I do and want to see more styling posts, click here.  If you liked this post, be sure to follow me on Bloglovin  so you never miss my fashion tips and more. Be sure to also follow me on social media so we can stay connected and chat one-on-one! I would love to follow you back so be sure to say hello! As always stay chic everybody.

For more “trend to try” posts, click here







PRODUCTS WORN:
Shirt: Forever21 (similar) 

Jacket: HotTopic 

Jeans: Hudson Jeans 


Handbag: Louis Vuitton Alma BB Damier Ebene 


2 comments: