Follow

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Trend to Try: Graphic Eyeliner Look





Hello everyone and I hope you are all having a marvelous week so far. I know it can be difficult to get back into the grind after a long holiday weekend, so stick with me for some new and exciting things going on in beauty and fashion. One trend that has been popping up on celebrities everywhere is this new graphic liner makeup looks. I saw a popular beauty guru on YouTube post a similar look on her IG. If you don’t know who Mariah Leonard is, click here to check out her channel “The Gals Guide” now. She is my beauty inspiration. Any time I feel like my makeup is looking too neutral, too simple, or just plain too blah, I turn to her. I want to bring you guys some looks that look like only a makeup artist could recreate, but that truly anyone can. Sometimes the most technical of looks are actually the most simple to recreate and this one I featured today is no exception. Keep in mind if some of these looks are too out there for you, you can also switch out colors for more neutral combinations. I’ll show you guys how as we go along this tutorial.









I want to start out by mentioning a cosmetic company I don’t feel gets a lot of love these days, and that is Inglot Cosmetics. I used two of their shadows to create this look and two from the Urban Decay Alice Through the Looking Glass palette. Can you believe it? It took only four shadows to create this look, and if you decide to go with neutrals it may even take less. But anyways I digress, back to Inglot cosmetics. I want to spend some time talking about this company and brand because I feel it’s one not a lot of people turn to, but I happen to think it rivals the best of brands from MAC to even Makeup Forever. Yes you read correctly, I said Makeup Forever shadows too. Now it’s not shocking to anyone that when it comes to high quality, pigmented, smooth, and blend-able shadows that Makeup Forever pretty much has the market cornered, but at a whopping $21 bucks a pop they as very expensive. So here comes Inglot. They subscribe to the buy more save more mentality, with what they call their Freedom System. It’s called freedom for a reason. You can select from any of the their customizable palettes and spend only on what you get. With this system you can pick out any number of shadows, palettes consisting of all shadows, or all blushes or all lip products if you want. It’s pretty basic, the more shadows you buy, the bigger than palette, and the bigger the savings. So at a manageable $7 a shadow plus $16 (depending on the palette you choose) you are looking at a tremendous deal on shadows that stack up very well to the competition.









I was first introduced to Inglot a few years back, when the company was still fairly new in the USA. I was lucky enough to have a store near by so I hopped on over and drove to check these babies out for myself. I was so pleasantly surprised with the quality I ended up getting two 10-shadow palettes. I decided to go with a lot of colorful shadows because I like to incorporate a lot of color in my makeup looks, especially in the summer time. I will be doing a complete review of Inglot on my blog soon, so stay tuned for that.

Now on to the makeup look. For this look you will need four eye shadows of similar tone, some tape, black liquid eyeliner and mascara. For a full and complete list of products I used check out the links below as always. I promise this look, appears much more intimidating than it is.









First, you are going to want to start with a clean face. I like to do my foundation and face makeup after my eye makeup. You can do whichever step you feel most comfortable with. Now lets concentrate on the eyes. Take a piece of tape and place it on the back of your hand lifting it up and down a few times until the tape is tacky, but not super difficult to take off. This way when you place it at an angle on your eyes it won’t hurt when you carefully peel it off. Now place the tape at an angle from the edge of your outer eye corner slanted facing towards your eyebrows, in V shape. This will create a stencil in order to create the perfectly straight cat eye and liner without making it too messy. Then you are going to want to take a matte yellow color (I used Inglot shadow in #323) and place this color all over the crease, making sure to build up the color as you pack it on. Then, using a satin lime green color (I used Inglot #477), pat this color all over the lid. Make sure to pack it on until it is very opaque. Now that the eye is ready, it’s time to create that graphic cat eyeliner. I used two shadows from the Urban Decay Alice through the looking glass palette (Bandersnatch and Time). Using these two colors together I started by drawing out where I wanted the liner to go and then softly diffusing it, as I got closer to the inner lid area. You have to really build up this color. Then once you have the cat look that you want with the right intensity. You will go over it with your black liquid liner to create a more opaque focused line underneath and close to the lash line, like you would a normal cat eye. Hopefully that makes sense, if it is confusing leave me a comment down below.  That is basically the completed look. Just pop on some mascara and falsies if you like and you are good to go.








If this look uses too much color for your style and taste, don’t worry I got you covered with a more wearable alternative. This time using browns to create a subtler, yet still defined graphic cat eyeliner. Once again place the tape as I stated originally making sure it is at a V angle from the outer corner of your lid facing towards the outer tip of your eyebrow. Then using a medium brown, such as coco bear from makeup geek, use this shadow to define the crease area. Then using a peach shade or a soft brown (use soft brown from MAC) place this color all over the lid making sure to pack it on until it is completely opaque. Then using a golden-brown taupe eyeliner like Maybelline color tattoo eye shadow in Chocolate Suede, use this to create the cat eye. Making sure to build up the color and then diffusing it, as you get closer to the middle lid area. This will give you a precise graphic line with a slight transition as you get to the middle lid portion.








I hope you have all enjoyed this look and remember that some makeup looks can seem intimidating at first, but once you have a grasp on the tips and tricks you can create precise graphic liners in no time. If you make a mistake remember concealer is your friend. Just wipe it off and start over, or use concealer to help make the liner more precise looking.  If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more makeup looks, click here

Be sure to follow me on all social media to keep up with new posts and much, much more. Chat with me anytime! Love you guys so much and thank you as always for all your lovely comments and tweets. You guys are the reason I do what I do. Also follow me on Bloglovin,  so you never miss my fashion posts. As always stay chic everybody!!








PRODUCTS USED CLICK HERE:

FACE:
Foundation- Estee Lauder Double Wear Sand Beige
Concealer- Maybelline Fit Me
Powder- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
Blush- NARS orgasm
Bronzer- Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel
Highlight- No highlight was used in the making of this look

EYES:
Shadows- Inglot #477 and 323; UD bandersnatch and time
Liquid Eyeliner- L’Oreal telescopic liquid eyeliner in carbon black
Mascara- Cover Girl Super Sizer Fibers Mascara

BROWS:
Pomade- Benefit Gimme Brow
Powder- Anastasia Beverly Hills brow powder duo

LIPS:
Lip Liner- MAC oak
Gloss- ABH Lip Gloss in Undressed

No comments:

Post a Comment