Follow

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Through the Look Glass: “Mirror” Makeup Look




Hello everyone and welcome back to Looks By Li! A few weeks back I did a look using the Urban Decay Alice through the looking glass palette that was very colorful. I thought this time I would showcase the versatility of this palette by doing a more everyday, wearable look. If you missed the last post, just click here http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/146308483050/face-of-the-day-dream-on-smokey-eye-summer-look after you read this one. Hope you enjoy!






I recently did a full, comprehensive review http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/145359582225/feature-friday-urban-decay-alice-through-the of this palette on my YouTube https://youtu.be/7TSRRGmOdOU channel, since it seems it got quite a lot of mixed reviews. Please be sure to subscribe, comment, and like my video so I know you guys enjoy this kind of review videos. Some I don’t blame you about, yes the packaging is bulky, and yes some of the colors are less than stellar when it comes to the UD pigmentation and quality we are use to. But, let me just say I am obsessed with this palette, the versatility and array of color combinations that are possible with this palette are just too good to pass up. You can go very warm, or very cool toned, or something in between. One of the prettiest colors in the palette, to me, is “Mirror” and I was having a hard time placing it in the scheme of the palette or how to create a look with it. I figured it would make a gorgeous everyday look possible with a slight edgy cat eye. You’ll be pleasantly surprise to find out this whole look was created using this one palette and it only took about four eye shadows. If you want to learn how to recreate this look than just keep reading.






Like I stated previously I love this palette and have created so many looks using it, some outside the box, and some very wearable like this look featured today. If you love wearable looks be sure to let me know in the comment section below, for now lets jump right into it. If you have read any of my previous posts you know I like to start with the eye shadows first. This prevents any fall out from ruining my face makeup. Make sure to start off by prepping the eyelids with a good primer. For this look I used the Elf eye shadow primer. Be sure to read till the end for a complete list and links to all products used.









Now that the lids are well primed and ready for shadow, I wanted to use a shimmery base to go underneath the first shadow we will apply which is “royal flush”. Using the NYX jumbo shadow pencil in Yogurt. I placed this shade down first all over the lid portion of my eye. Make sure to blend it in very well with your fingers. Then we want to go ahead and work on deepening the crease. Using the eye shadow in “reflection” start by placing this in the crease as your transition shade. Then deepen it using the eye shadow in “Dormouse”. Once you have the crease looking as deep as you desire, it’s time to use the star of the show shadow in “mirror” right were we placed yogurt. Be sure to pack it in all over the lid. Then using “bandersnatch” use this shade to deepen the outer V corner of the lid and create that cat eye effect. Use “royal flush” for an inner corner and brow bone highlight.







Lastly, just use your favorite crème, gel, or black liquid eyeliner to create a wing liner. I decided to leave the lower lash line without color or shadow as I believe this helps the look seem more wearable and also elongates the cat eye effect.  Top the look off with your favorite mascara and move on to the face products.


For the face I kept it very simple. I wanted a foundation that is good for summer. Light to medium coverage, that is not too thick or too watery that it will melt off. I used the L’Oreal cushion foundation, which happens to be my most favorite foundation for summer, see full review here. http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/144560881995/wednesday-wishlist-cushion-compact-foundation I also applied a light hand of bronzer, which I am obsessed with at the moment. The Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel cream bronzer is a must-have in your summer makeup bag.






That completes this cool “mirror” shadow inspired makeup look. I hope you love this look as much as I do and I hope it inspires you to try more cool toned looks for summer. Cool tones aren’t always the easiest to work with so hopefully this post brings you some inspiration. If you love fashion you can also check out my latest fashion post here. http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/147301922850/trend-to-try-cool-for-summer-fashion-look






Make sure to also follow me on all social media linked above so we can stay connected and chat one-on-one. If you are a member of the Bloglovin https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/looksbyli-14811105 family be sure to sign up and follow me here. https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/looksbyli-14811105 As always, stay chic everybody and see you all here tomorrow for a brand new post!








PRODUCTS USED (complete links click here) :

FACE:
Foundation- L’Oreal True match Lumi Cushion in W2
Concealer- Maybelline Fit Me
Powder- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
Bronzer- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel
Blush- Milani Luminoso
Highlight- BECCA X Jaclyn hill Champaign Pop

EYES:
Shadows: UD Alice through the looking glass palette “mirror”, “royal flush”, “bandersnatch”, “reflection”, and “dormouse”.
Shadow Pencil: NYX Yogurt
Eyeliner: L’Oreal liquid eyeliner
Mascara: Cover Girl Super Sizer Fibers Mascara

BROWS:
Benefit Gimme Brow

LIPS:
Lip liner- MAC oak

Lipstick: LIME Crime Velvetines in Cashmere

No comments:

Post a Comment