Follow

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Lip Cocktail: Lancôme Juicy Shakers 2nd Edition




Hello everyone and welcome back to LooksByLi! I recently started a new series here on my blog this summer featuring the new, innovative lip Juicy Shakers from LancômeThis is a product I am currently obsessed with and I thought the whole cocktails and shakers theme was a perfect hit for summer. Lancôme gives new meaning to the phrase “party in your mouth”! Except its more like, party on your lips. An exciting and innovative new lip product that is sure to gain momentum like liquid lipsticks did a few years back.





I believe it was Yves Saint Laurent who first introduced this concept of oil infused lip products with their Volupte Tint-In-Oil lip-glosses. Since then more and more innovative products using lip oils are beginning to make their way into the beauty market. Though they both use oils, the Lancôme Lip Juicy Shaker introduced a form of melding these ingredients with a high pigment payoff. This series will entail various lip combination or “cocktails” if you will that will be perfect to strut for summer! I believe a lot of you beauty enthusiasts out there will really enjoy this series. Every week I will feature a new shaker gloss paired with a lipstick or lip liner combo or lip “cocktail”, perfect for achieving those glossy, plump lips for summer. Be sure to comment with your combinations down below for a chance to be featured in one of my posts!







I know a lot of ladies out there want to simplify their makeup routines in the summer and a heavy, drying liquid lipstick is just not on par with the sunny, humid days of summer. During this time of year everyone wants that plump, shinny look to the skin and the lips are no exception. Let me begin by giving you a mini review and background thoughts of the Juicy Shakers from Lancôme.

The slogan of this makeup product is, “Shake it, Twist it, Love it! Colors that turn you on”, and boy do they ever. The complete collection comes with 18 colorful mix of peaches, cranberries, and reds, not to mention a blue that gives a gorgeous pink/purple tint to the lips. This product is seriously addictive and I want to own the entire collection. It consists of a lip oil with a pillowy-soft cushion applicator for a delicate shot of color, with a hint of shine to the lips. Because it is an oil gloss, the pillow cushion applicator helps smooth the product and apply it evenly to the lips. For the best application be sure to pat the product on the lips similarly to how you would apply foundation using a beauty blender. The next thing to keep in mind is this product separates between oil and pigment so you have to give it a good shake before use.








The Juicy Shaker’s bi-phasic technology delivers the first pigmented lip oil with 2 distinct phases. The first phase is a transparent oil phase for a comfortable non-sticky shine. This is very true you guys. When I applied these on their own, it left no sticky residue and they melted in very nicely into the lips. The second phase is the pigment, for a shot of color! Shake the gloss like a cocktail shaker to mx the phases and get the final lip product.


So, not only are these glosses super nourishing, but they also smell like the oils they are infused with. The one I featured today is the peach and it smells divine. If you can’t tell from watching my YouTube  videos, peach is one of my all time favorite scents! Your lips will feel on cloud nine, you wont resist reapplying these babies over and over again, and because they are oil infused, they will never goop up, cake up, or flake off.









Now it’s time to create your own Parisian Lip Cocktail:

Start with a base: In my featured look today I started with applying a matte liquid lipstick from the Sephora makeup collection, “Cream Lip Stain in Peach Tart”. I though the peach undertone of this would really bring out the gloss peach shade of the pigment in the Juicy Shaker.

Add a “shot” of flavor and non-sticky shine with your Juicy Shaker of choice: Then using the shaker in Freedom of Peach I tapped that on top for a fruity looking splash of peach on my lips!

And voilà you got yourself an irresistible lip combo for summer!


I hope you all enjoy this little mini series I will be doing each week on my blog, click here for the 1st edition here! Also, be sure to follow me on social media for more things beauty and fashion on the go. Stay connected and chat with me on the daily. Comment below if you have tried this new product from Lancôme and which color is your favorite? As always ladies and gentlemen, stay chic everybody and I’ll see you back here for my next one!








Lip Cocktail:

Liquid Lip: Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain “Peach Tart”

Gloss: Lancôme Juicy Shaker “Freedom of Peach”

No comments:

Post a Comment