Follow

Friday, July 1, 2016

Red, White and Blue: Fourth of July Inspired Makeup Look




Hello everyone and I hope you are all having a wonderful Friday! This weekend we celebrate our Independence Day, if you are in the US of course. Speaking of Independence Day has anyone gone to see Resurgence yet? It was phenomenal! If you read my last fashionblog post you know I spoke about it. Thought some of you might want to know whether or not I recommend this movie. The answer is a resounding yes, especially if you were a major fan of the first film, like I was!








Once again I digress. I do hope you all have a lovely and safe weekend this Fourth of July. Comment below if you guys have any fun plans scheduled, and be sure to follow me on Snapchat (flutterby413) so you can watch all my Fourth of July family shenanigans and pool partying! Now lets get on to some fun, playing with makeup, shall we.

For my featured look today I wanted to do a fun, and somewhat eye-catching look for the Fourth of July festivities coming up this weekend. This may not be a wearable look for a lot of people, but I like Holidays to be a good time to really play with our makeup and do things unconventionally. I decided to go with a cut crease look, paired with a pop of blue periwinkle liner, and a gorgeous pop of red on the lips. You can vary this look to make it more wearable if you like, but if you want to learn how to recreate this look than just keep reading!









Cut crease looks can seem very daunting at first and tricky, but just remember these are actually not that difficult to recreate and it uses techniques you already learned how to do, blending, lots and lots of blending. So lets begin there. When doing looks that have a lot of technical aspects and blending to them I like to go ahead and do my eyes first. You guys can start with your face makeup if you like and leave the eyes for last, the choice is up to you.







First thing you want to do is lay down a primer or base for your shadows to go on top of. I love using the Urban Decay Primer potion, as you guys know. I like it because it helps the shadows blend smoothly and look much more vibrant. Once that is on, take out your Stila palette. If you do not own the Nouveau Naturals palette from Stila just be sure to use colors that are similar and that you already have in your collection. I’ll be sure to list similar colors as we go on. Using the color “dune”, a skin tone light pale yellow color, place this color all over the lid and brow bone for a light dusting and to make sure the cream of the primer is set. Then with the same fluffy brush take “wit” (a light warm tone matte brown shade) and start building this color on to the crease area. Go in and blend with it at least three times until you have a pretty deep shade. Then we are going to layer more brown and dark browns on top to create the dimension of the cut crease. Using the shadows in “individual” and “coco” you want to start building these colors on top of the crease. Do this a few times until you have a completely blended and gradient effect on the crease. Now I used the color “java” to further enhance and smoke out the cut crease. You can forgo this step to make the look more wearable and less defined. This will give you a softer cut crease. Remember you don’t have to use as many shadows as I did, you can also achieve a cut crease using two or three shades of light to dark brown colors.






Now that we are happy with the way our crease looks you are going to want to take some concealer and a flat dome shaped brush to pat and clean the edge of the cut crease. Use the concealer to pat it on to the lid area right up to the edge of the cut crease making sure not to go too high. You want to keep the concealer low. Then be sure to blend it in so you don’t have concealer unblended on the lid. Then going in with “dune” again pat this color on top of the concealer to set it.

That’s it for the crease and eyeshadows. Now it’s time for the fun part, the blue liner. I used Kat Von D ink liner to create this cat eye. You can use any blue you want. Then I used the same liner on the bottom water lash line and blended it out using the eyeshadow in “metamorphosis: from the UD Alice through the looking glass palette. Then just use your favorite mascara and highlight the inner corner of your eyes and brow bone and the look is complete.







To top of the red, white, and blue look we needed to add red right, so I went with one of my cult favorite red lips to wear, Ruby Woo from MAC. Make sure to line your lips first as this color is unforgiving if you make a mistake. I used MAC lip liner in magenta. I like to use fuchsia colors when using red lipstick on top as this creates a nice two-tone dimension to the lips. Then I topped it off with NARS velvet matte lip pencil in Cruela for even more definition and a bit of satin finish, since Ruby Woo is a straight up matte shade! Using the lip pencil from NARS will also add a bit more creaminess so the lipstick isn’t so drying.

And there you have it, a complete Fourth of July inspired makeup look to rock this weekend. I hope you all enjoyed this post. Be sure to like and share it with your friends and family. Follow me on social media so you never miss out on other things going on with me, plus you guys can always chat with me there as well. If you are a bloglovin member be sure to leave me your blogs in the comment section so I can check them out, and follow mine here so you never miss out on new posts! Happy 4th of July and stay chic everybody!!








PRODUCTS USED:

FACE:
Foundation: Lancôme Teint Idole 24 hour foundation

Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me


Eyeshadow Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion

Bronzer: Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel

Blush: Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso

Highlight: BECCA Jaclyn Hill Champaign Pop



EYES:
Shadows: Stila Nouveau Natural Eye Shadow Palette shadows in “individual”, “wit”, “coco” and “java”; “dune” and “instinct”.

Shadow: UD Alice through the looking glass palette shadow in “Metamorphosis”

Mascara: Cover Girl Super Sizer Fibers Mascara




LIPS:
Lipstick: MAC Ruby Woo

Lip liner: MAC magenta

Lip Crayon: NARS Velvet Matte lip Pencil in Cruela



No comments:

Post a Comment