Follow

Friday, July 15, 2016

Feature Friday: The Infamous Summer Playsuit




Hello everyone and happy TGIF! I hope you all had a wonderful week and have an even better weekend. I thought I would close off the week with one of my favorite series here on my blog, “Feature Friday”. http://twilightdelight.tumblr.com/post/146409081250/feature-friday-nars-audacious-lipsticks In this series I like to discuss companies and brands I believe deserve some recognition. This week’s feature incorporates a fashion pieces that has swiftly become a cult summer must-have, the infamous playsuit.







Playsuits can be tricky to style sometimes and you may think, depending on your body type, that you cant simply imagine pulling off such a piece. Well I am here to set your worries aside because this fashion staple is one every girl/woman should have in her arsenal!






My featured look today came from a newly discovered company based out of the UK called Boutique of Molly. http://www.boutiqueofmolly.com I was recently contacted by them and asked to look at some of their merchandise. Since I was already on the hunt for some summer fashion goodies, I decided why not and took the plunge on purchasing some of their pieces. Number one, I wanted to check out their quality, and two the outfits looked amazing online. I wanted to see if reality stood up to expectations. When I received the clothing, which to be clear, I did purchase with my own “dinero” (Spanish word for money) I was extremely pleasantly surprised. The quality was that which rivals companies like ZARA and REVOLVE, just to give you a basis.






Since receiving my purchases I just knew this was a company I wanted to work with and make sure my readers knew about it. So if you guys start to see a lot of Boutique of Molly (BOM) pieces, now you know why. I am officially a BOM fan! So doing a bit more of research on this company this is what I discovered, they are an apparels company that prides itself on bringing you the latest celebrity inspired trends straight to your screen. I must attest to this claim, as being very true. When I saw this blue and white lace crossover playsuit on their site I knew it was celebrity inspired and in a way wearing it made me feel very glamorous. They offer a variety of luxury garments at low process with new styles added daily. They definitely add new styles often, but I am not so sure about the daily claim. I go on their site about once a week to check what’s new and I am usually pleasantly surprised to see new pieces added. As for the low process claim I would agree they are affordable for the UK. With out currency exchange here in America the prices are among ZARA and Nordstrom prices and most definitely affordable for the quality you are getting. The pieces range from $20-$40 USD and about 19-35 UK pounds. To aid in evening out the exchange rates, BOM has offered me a DISCOUNT CODE for you all, which I am so happy to share with my readers (use LILOVE20 for 20% off your entire purchase).







Now lets move on to showing the best way to style such an iconic fashion trend. I personally think accessories can make or break a look. Accessories can help make your look better or sometimes be too overwhelming, so choose pieces that go with your style. On this particular day I was going out with friends and family out on a boat for a Fourth of July celebration. I knew I would be out in the sun all day so I wanted to wear my bathing suit, but still be covered up enough to wear I wouldn’t look too naked. I figured a playsuit was the best way to go. As the shorter sibling to the jumpsuit, the playsuit is a pleasant spin and not just for kids. Keep in mind how you style a playsuit can make it look ultra sexy or just plain cool.






Here a re a few style tips on how to get it right:

1.)  Choose a light/ loose/ airy/ breathable fabric that drapes over your body nicely, nothing to tight or too constricting. This way no matter what your body type you will never feel self conscious in a playsuit. Also keep in mind they come in different styles and lengths. Chose a style that wont be too revealing if that is not how you roll, or too short if you don’t like showing off your legs.
2.)  This leads me to number two, when it doubt, size up! I walk around comfortably in a UK size 4, but for this suit I wanted to make sure it fit right and a bit longer than on the model, so I sized up to a UK 8. This is the equivalent for me of US size 6-8. The looser the fit the more comfortable the outfit will feel, trust me.
3.)  If you opt for a jumpsuit instead of the playsuit make sure it has long pants with thin straps (or strapless) and if the legs are short then the suit should have sleeves. Why you may ask??? Short legs and thin straps can make you look like you are wearing a swimsuit. Sleeves and long legs can look like a Pit Crew outfit. Catch my drift? That is why the playsuit I featured here is perfection. It adds drama to the look with the bell-sleeve detailing and a bit of soft romanticism with the cross over lace and short bottom.






I hope you all have enjoyed this featured look and gained some insight on how to wear and pick out the perfect jumpsuit/playsuit for your body type. If you have any questions, comment, or concerns do not hesitate to leave them in the comment section below. I would love to answer any questions you may have. As always be sure to follow me on social so we can chat and stay connected. If you are part of the Bloglovin community be sure to follow me here. https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/looksbyli-14811105 For more fashion looks, be sure to follow my Chictopia page here. http://www.chictopia.com/LiLove As always, stay chic everybody and I will see you right back here on Monday for a new post. Love you guys and have a wonderful weekend!








Other Places I have discusses BOM:






  
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment