Follow

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Love it or Leave It: CoverGirl Super Sizer Fibers Mascara



Hello my Chic people! Hope you are all having a great start to your Thursday. I thought I would do something a little different today on my blog. I have never done one of these, love it or leave it type posts where I speak about a single new product that has just launched and write a full, in-depth review on it while giving you my thoughts on whether or not it is worth the buy. I want to start off by saying these products were indeed sent to me to test out by a wonderful online company called “Influenster”, but as always I would never try to sell you anything I didn’t believe actually worked. These opinions are mine and mine alone. So if you want to learn more about Cover Girls newly launched mascara than just keep on reading.








Let me first explain a little bit about Inflenster and what it is. Influenster is an online community of people like you and I who love makeup, beauty, and home goods. It is a community where you can go and write your own reviews about any and all kinds of products you have tried at the drug store or even department stores. You can find anything from electronics to YSL cosmetics to drugstore favorites like Cover Girl.  Influenster is free to sign up for and all you need is a few minutes to answer some questions about purchases you have made and what products you truly love and have tried out. You then collect points for creating lists, reviewing products, and answering other consumer questions about products you are familiar with. It’s actually really fun to do and join. You can head on over to influenster.com and sign up for FREE! You will also get opportunities to participate in beauty campaigns and receive a voxbox with a featured product for you to review. Did I mention all of this is FREE!







This all being said I am not being paid to say anything positive about any products I receive from Influenster. So now lets get on to the star of the show, the brand new, newly released Cover girl Super Sizer Fibers Mascara. I have included in my post many before and after pictures where you can see how the mascara actually performed on my lashes, so I aint trying to sell you any gimmicks here. As for the love it or leave it, a little spoiler alert, I LOVE IT!







PRICE:

The Cover Girl SuperSizer Fibers Mascara retails for $6.74 on the covergirl.com website. As I popped into my local grocery store the other day to grab some dinner essentials I found the mascara priced at a little over $7. So I will say you might be able to find it for around $7 to $8 US, but don’t forget CVS and Walgreens always have Cover Girl on sale, buy one get one half price. Which, honestly considering the price of higher end mascaras like Too Faced Better than Sex, which retails for $23 or DiorShow mascara that retails at $27.50 on Sephora.com, the $7 price tag is actually quite reasonable and very affordable for a drug store mascara if you ask me.






CLAIMS:

So what does this mascara say it will do for your lackluster lashes, and by yours I mean mine lol. I had to be blessed with the smallest, flattest, shortest, and sparsest lashes of all mankind! Ok, moving on… Cover Girl claims this mascara will “super sizer” your lashes up to %400 times more volume and give you the look of long, dark, amplified lashes. It is made with a special formula containing built-in fibers for the ultimate false-lash extension effect. Now if you have ever gotten a false lash extension treatment you know how amazing your lashes can look. So lets see if this mascara actually lives up to its own hype!








WHAT DOES IT ACTUALLY DO:

From my before and after pictures you can see the mascara actually does build a lot of length and volume. Now as I stated earlier I have pretty short, sparse, and flat lashes so they could use a lot of volume as well as length. I thought the mascara did an excellent job of providing these two factors. Now do I believe it does this to the %400 range, umm not so much. In my pictures you can see the mascara’s performance after one application and two and then three. I loved the way it looked after the second application and I felt it gave me the volume I desired. It definitely gave a defined look to the lashes, but still kept them looking natural. It didn’t clump or get messy on the lashes. The formula is not too dry, but not too wet either. If you have ever gotten one of those newly opened mascara that get everywhere because the formula is way too wet, then you know exactly what I am talking about. The formulation this mascara has is actually perfect right off the bat. I am curious to see how it will preform after the formula dries a bit more. I wore the mascara on my lashes for a good 8 hours and it stood the test of time. I experienced no flaking, no smudging, and no crumbling off. This already gets a huge thumbs up in my book. I have used mascaras that have given me raccoon eyes by the end of the night. Not a pretty look. This formula did not irritate my contacts and kept my curl pretty even thought-out the day, super yay!








HOW TO USE IT AND THE WAND:

The mascara has an interesting looking wand. If you have ever tried the Benefit Roller Lash mascara than you can see it is pretty similar to that. It is thin, with two little protruding spikes along the barrel. On the packaging it says to roll the wand onto your lashes as you lift so that the spikes grab each hair and lengthen your lashes. I have to admit this was a little tricky for me at first, but after multiple coats I started to get the hang of it. I also loved the way it grabbed on to the bottom lashes. It was able to define them as well. I find bulky wands to not do as great of a job on the lower lash line. This wand did an amazing job for both top and bottom lashes.







MY OVERALL RATING:

Overall I could not find a single negative thing to say about this mascara. The packaging was simple, the wand helped in lengthening and volumizing the lashes. The formula was just right, not too wet, not too dry, and the over all look of the mascara made my lashes seem a lot more defined and lengthened. Overall I give this mascara a 5 out of 5 Stars!








WHERE TO BUY:

Finally where can you get this wonderful new little gem? As I stated before you can find this product wherever Cover Girl is sold.

Online:

I have linked them all to direct you to exactly where you can purchase it online. YOU can also, of course find them at the actual drug stores, groceries stores, and Ulta stores.









Lastly, I just want to say I hope you all enjoyed this review and if you enjoy seeing more posts like this, be sure to comment and follow my blog for all the latest updates. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week and Stay Chic Everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment