Follow

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Tips for a Flawless Makeup Look with Glasses






On top of having hooded eyes I also wear prescription glasses on occasion and I often find it somewhat challenging to create a makeup look that will stand out with a bold glasses frame on my face.  Sometimes I feel like the makeup Gods did not bless me with a good face for makeup. If you guys are anything like me, and also struggle with a similar dilemma when you wear your glasses, then keep reading for my tips and tricks on how to showcase your makeup looks even when you wear your glasses.




Thanks to Glee, Geek is now Chic so we don’t have to feel so self-conscious when we wear our specs in public. For my makeup look here I decided to go neutral. You can always incorporate color as well even when you wear your glasses. A good trick is to substitute black liner for navy or burgundy liners to bring a pop of color to the look, while making your eyes pop with your glasses on. These eyeliner colors look fantastic on any skin tone and are not as harsh as black on the lash line. Black liner can often close up your eyes and make them look smaller than they are. I decided to opt for a soft brown liner in my look to open up my eyes a bit more. Opting for minimal liner also works well for people with hooded eyes.

Tip number two, switch a neutral look with a smoky eye and emphasize the corners of your eyes to give lift and definition to the eyes. This will make your eyes pop when you wear you glasses and it’s perfect for a date night look.  The trick is to, once again, use soft brown or Burgundies instead of black shadows. Plums are also incredible shadow colors to use to make your eyes pop when wearing glasses. I love using the Laura Mercier Artist palette with an array of plums and burgundy colored shadows. It is perfect for getting neutral eye looks or very sultry smoky looks.




Like any makeup look you want to start with a clean canvas and make sure it is smooth to the touch so that makeup will glide on evenly and easily. You want to apply a base that will smooth out any imperfections, but not completely hide everything. If you look at my lightly applied medium build foundation you’ll see you can still catch some of my freckles peaking through. This will give you a more natural look while hiding any redness or acne spots you don’t want to highlight. We want the focus to go to your eyes not spots around your face. I recommend using BB creams or light foundations. My go-to is the cover FX custom cover drops mixed in with some sunscreen to give it a little less coverage and a more natural finish.




The next things you want to concentrate on are your lashes. Be sure to give them a nice, strong curl, hold the curl with your eyelash curler for a good 30 seconds on each eye. This will prevent your lashes from hitting the glass on your frames and also bring focus and emphasis to your eyes through your glasses, which is ultimately our goal. Next you want to make sure to coat those lashes very well with mascara. Add two to three coats at least and make sure to use waterproof mascara so that curled lash will hold all day long. If you prefer not to wear waterproof products than I recommend Benefit Roller Lash mascara, it holds your curl in place all day without the harsh hold of waterproof mascara.

Next, you want to make sure to apply a good flawless looking concealer under your eyes. We want that area to look smooth and bright, to prevent your eyes from looking sunk-in when wearing glasses. I love using the Maybelline fit-me concealer. It has great coverage and wont sink into the fine lines under your eyes.




The third most important thing apart from your face and eyes are your brows! Well-defined brows will bring shape to your face and make your eyes the focal point, not your glasses. I like to use Benefit Gimme Brow on my brow hairs to give them a nice tint first then I go on with Anastasia Brow powder to add just a bit more definition. Be sure not too go too heavy that your brows start to look drawn in instead of defined.

When in doubt if neutral looks aren’t your style make sure to go with a bold cat eye. Instead of the traditional cat I for my look, I used shadow to create a cut crease and wing out my shadow for a two dimensional, double wing line, cat-eye look.  Using the brown shadow from the Laura Mercier palette in “Truffle”, build the color up on your crease to intensify it while winging it out. Then with a dark brown liner line your lash line and create that double wing liner effect.



Products used:

FACE:
Foundation: Cover FX; Concealer: Maybelline Fit Me; Setting Powder: Laura Mercier; Bronzer- Nars Laguna; Blush- Milani Luminoso; No highlighter

EYES
All shadows used from Laura Mercier Artist Palette- shadow in Truffle only; Mascara- Benefit Roller Lash; Eyeliner- Mac Costa Riche

LIPS
NYX soft matte lip crème in Stockholm




I hope these trips will help you create the perfect makeup look for those days when you forgo your contacts and decide you look equally as bomb in those glasses! If you enjoyed this post please follow my blog on Bloglovin and be sure to connect with me on all social media.


Facebook: Looks By Li
Twitter: Looks By Li
Instagram: LiButterfly


No comments:

Post a Comment