Follow

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wednesday Wishlist: Sunglasses Collection





Hello again my lovelies! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Hump Day! It’s another Wednesday and you all know what that means, time for a “Wednesday Wishlist! If you are new to my blog, I created a series here on Wednesday’s depicting essential makeup and fashion items of the season I believe deserve some love. For last week’s Wish List click here! I also like to clue you guys in on some of the wish list items I am lusting over right now.

This week’s wishlist has everything to do with Sunnies! What better way to reign in the Spring and Summer season than with a great pair of sunglasses to keep our eyes nice and protected during our fun-in-the-sun activities! I wanted to share with you guys my sunglasses collection and also share some new sunnies I am desperate to add to my already moderate collection wink wink. I hope you all enjoy and be sure to comment with your lust-worthy pair this season?







As you will be able to tell shortly, I have a pretty large selection of sunglasses lol. I mean who really needs this much, but honestly I am the type of girl who likes to be able to accessorize according to my style and mood of the day. If you are anything like me you’ll definitely enjoy this post. My collection ranges from high-end to cheapo sunglasses, and yes I am not ashamed to say that. I don’t have the income to shell out upwards of $500 on sunnies every so often, so I like to keep my collection moderate ranging from all kinds of price point items. I have to admit one of my all-time favorite sunglass brands is Ray Ban, the original aviators, but we’ll get to that in a minute. As you will see, my collection also varies in colors and styles, because as I said before I like to accessorize according to my outfit looks.

Let’s get started: I have to start with the infamous Ray Ban’s  . These are my favorites in style and brand.







Ray-Ban Aviators(Classic Lens w/ gunmetal hardware 58mm) $175:  This is the pair I like to call my “Rocking Chic” sunglasses, for when you want that extra edgy look to go with an equally rocking outfit, leather pants and white Tee. I have owned these for a good 5 to 6 years, so I cant say enough about the quality of these babies. I absolutely love this pair!







Ray-Ban Aviators(Mirrored Blue lens w/ Gold frame 58mm) $175: I love this frame style so much I had to get it in another color lol. This one is for that edgier look with a twist and pop of color. These are my second favorite sunnies and I wear these the most. Call me flashy, but these sunglasses make a statement and I am not ashamed of that. These go great with casual jean looks or dressier spring and summer colorful looks. I have owned this pair for a good 2 to 3 years.





Ray-Ban Wayfarer(Green lens w/Black Matt Hardware standard size) $175:  These babies are my third most worn sunglasses and they are perfect for when I am feeling that 70s vibe. A classic frame from our parent’s generation is a style that just won’t leave! I love the comfortable feel and relaxed look of these sunglasses. I chose to go for the matte look for a little pop of edginess.









Le Specs: TheBandwagon Sunglasses $69:  I have to admit I kinda jacked this style from a friend of a friend who wore them to a rehearsal dinner I attended. I just had to get my own pair after seeing them on her and what do you know they didn’t look half bad on me either. At the time I didn’t know much about this brand of sunglasses, but after some research and discovering I found that not only can you find some trendy specs, but you can also find them for a pretty affordable price. These definitely rival for the second most-worn sunnies this year, for me. I just think they go with absolutely everything! I can go supper casual or super formal in these and still look amazing.







Quay Australia: TheInvader Sunglasses $50: These sunglasses took Instagram by storm! They started to pop up on everyone from Desi Perkins to Lustrelux on YouTube. So of course I fell into the trend trap and got a pair for myself. I have to admit though these are my least worn pair. I think it’s because it’s difficult to style them. When buying sunnies be sure you have an idea in mind of how you want to style them, so you don’t get stuck with a pair you never wear. Still I am going to make an effort to rock these this year.







Amazon Cheapos: Cateye Polarized sunglasses $15: Ok so before I get hate for these. At the time of purchase I was really obsessing over the Dior So real sunglasses, but the hefty $600 price tag was not so hot! I stumbled upon these look-alikes and thought why not! Sometimes it’s a good idea to check out designer inspired sunglasses and get a feel for the style before you commit to the designer price tag. I realized, after getting these that the style doesn’t really suit my face so I am actually happy I didn’t go for the Dior’s. Also to be clear these are not knock offs they do not say Dior or are viewed as replicas. They are designer inspired from a company called GAMT. They do not go as Dior’s in any way. They are just similar in style. I got these in two different colors as I wanted to see if maybe I would like one, more than the other. I admit I wear the black on black frames the most. I have to really figure out a look for the pink ones. As for the quality, these babies are not half bad. They might eventually break, but for now I have had them for almost a year and not even a screw has fallen. So if you are in the market for some high-end sunnies, see if you can find look-alikes first to try on and see and if the style fits your look before you commit to the real deals.








My current wish list obsessions






Honestly right now I am digging the silver-on-silver trend and am dying to buy the mirrored/silver frame aviators from Ray-Ban $200.








I also love the blue gradient lens with the gold frame aviators,also from Ray-Ban $190 . Yes, I know, I love Ray-Ban!



And that brings us to the end yay! I am so happy you stuck with me all throughout this post and if you enjoyed my wish list, leave me a comment! I’d love to hear your thoughts! For more Looks By Li be sure to follow me on Bloglovin. Also just a bit of disclaimer I have not been given any of these as PR, I bought them all with my own money. Thank you for reading and as always stay Chic Everyone!!  








Lets be Friends of Social:

Tweet Me: Looks By Li


No comments:

Post a Comment