Follow

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Wednesday Wishlist: Spring Footwear Essentials

Lets be Friends!







Hello everyone and welcome back to another Wednesday Wishlist series edition! I hope you are all having a wonderful middle of the week, and Happy Hump Day. If you are not familiar with my blog and you are a first time visitor, welcome and I hope you enjoy my content. I have a series here on my blog titled “WednesdayWishlist” where I select fashion pieces or makeup products of the season I believe are a must-have on anyone’s wish list and I also share with you what I am currently lusting over in the selected category of the week. As always your feedback is always most welcome and thank you for all your support.













This week’s wish list category is footwear. What are the hottest trends in shoes this Spring season and what designers are really pulling out all the stops with their collections? I have to say the reason I was inspired to bring up this category in this week’s wish list post was Gucci. Don’t even get me stated on their gorgeous Dionysus handbag collection, full of monogram glamour with pops of color and beautiful floral prints. I definitely have my eyes set on the Dionysus GG Supreme shoulder bag in red. But I digress; lets get back to the real culprits of this post, the Gucci shoe Spring collection, especially their slip-ons and mule shoes. One pair in particular that is spreading through instagram like brush fire is their fur lined mules or Princetown leather slippers as they are named on the Gucci website. I have been heavily obsessing over slip-on shoes lately and I am happy to report you will be seeing a lot of them on my blog in the upcoming weeks.








I wanted to focus the essentials footwear category to one particular shoe I believe doesn’t get enough credit and actually transcends seasons. The ever so practical, yet super chic and stylish, rain boots! One of the hottest shoe trends this year were the Hunter rain boots and for a good while the Sperry rain booties where giving everyone a run for their money. I know I have been boring you guys with all my complaining about this crazy Spring New York weather, but last week was just awful! What wasn’t awful was that I found myself busting out my trusty Sperry rain boots once again. I never realized how stylish and chic they could be when paired with the right fashion pieces. I really hope you all enjoy this look.









Most of you may not know, but I am originally from Miami, Florida where rain and dreary weather doesn’t come as a surprise in a state known for its hurricane seasons. Surprisingly enough, I actually never owned rain boots until I got to New York. Even after getting the rain boots I didn’t think I could style them, but I wanted them because of their practical use. I never knew how much use I would actually get out of them. In some cases these shoes are pretty expensive, but the value of cost per use measure is outstanding with these shoes. I don’t ever think I will need to buy myself another pair and they will last for a very long time. I use these shoes every time it rains outside, for work or everyday use. These shoes are truly versatile and you can dress them up or down depending on the occasion.









When I bought my pair I wanted to go with a comfortable style, in a semi-neutral color combination I knew would go with everything. On this particular day I paired my boots with a monochrome black sweater and a pair of leggings with a side panel leather detail to give it an extra look of edginess. I added my dark navy blue H&M quilted vest to match the navy blue rain protecting area of the boots, and my gorgeous Louis Vuitton Alma BB in Damier Eben to go with the leather detailing on the top portion of the boots. Tying in accenting colors with your accessory pieces is a great way to match your shoes to your look. I happen to love a cohesive look, so I implement this trick often in my outfits of the day.










I hope you enjoyed this look and have gained some inspiration on how to style your rain boots. Remember that even if a particular style intimidates you, just take a look at your wardrobe and see what pieces you think would go best with your shoes, and when in doubt just match colors with accent pieces to achieve a more cohesive look.

Now as always, here are some of the essential footwear shoes currently on my wish list: the Gucci mules, which I showed you before. The Adidas superstar sneakers, yes I know I am easily seduced by instragm trends, and this is definitely one of them. I would also love to get my hands on the vans all black leather slip ones. Slip-ons are among the most comfortable of shoes at the moment and also serve a very practical use when you are on the go, but still want cute, stylish shoes to go with your looks. Last, but not least I am eyeing the metallic trend very closely and would like a pair of silver shoes. I might be on the hunt for these as we speak so be on the look out for those in future posts.


Well, as porky the pig use to say at the end of every Looney Toons cartoon, “That’s all folks”. I hope that reference didn’t give my age away loll. I hope you have enjoyed this look and my essential footwear wish list items. Let me know in the comments what your spring essential shoe is and why? Be sure to also follow me on Bloglovin for all the latest blog news.  As always stay chic everybody and see you all here for my next post!









Most Recent posts:

Met Gala Makeup Recreation: Kendall Jenner 


Products Worn:

Sweater: Forever21 (similar) 
Vest: H&M (similar) 
Leggings: Macys (similar) 
Shoes: Sperry Rain Boots 
Socks: Macys
Handbag: Luis Vuitton Alma BB Damier Ebene 










No comments:

Post a Comment