Follow

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Summer Essentials: Top Five Blushes

Lets be Friends!





Hello chic people! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday. Normally today I post a new edition of Wednesday Wishlist, and trust me there is a lot more I have to say about things I am looking forward to testing and seeing, especially the new summer collections in makeup and what the new hottest fashion trends for summer will be, but sincere we are getting into the warmer weather here in NY and summer is literally just around the corner, I thought I would do my top five blushes of the season instead. I hope you all enjoy this post and if you want to see what my top blushes are then just keep reading.

Lets jump right in! These are in no particular order, just five of the blushes I use the most during the warmer months and the ones I think you should all put on your wish lists if you have not already checked them out.









This blush is a bright orange-red color with warm undertones. I have to admit I am a sucker for packaging and this beauty definitely spoke to my heart! I was pleasantly surprised when I got the product and it turned out to be as amazing as I’d hoped it would be. This crème blush is delicate, yet highly pigmented if you use a heavy hand. It glides on like butter and does not disrupt the foundation underneath. It has incredible staying power and lasts all day on my oily/combo skin. I can’t recommend this blush enough. It is also a cream so it will keep your cheeks looking glowy and not dry or chalky like some powder blushes might. The packaging personifies vintage Hollywood, with a youthful look. Charlotte created this blusher in her Norman Parkinson collection to represent the color of love between him and his wife Wenda. I must say not only does the blush represent love; I have fallen in love with it. It is absolutely stunning. I know what you are thinking though, that price tag right?!!! Well let me tell you. I use this blush almost everyday and I have had it for at least a good 6 months now and as you can see I have barely made a dent in it. This thing will last you a very long time, and because it is so highly pigmented you literally only have to use a few dabs. I like to apply it with a beauty blender for a diffused application and look.  The blush claims to be blendable, weightless, and creamy. I say check, check, check please! It ticks all those boxes and more. Definitely look into this blush for the summer months.






Next on my top five blushes is, none other than a cult favorite on YouTube, NARS’s orgasm blush. This blush is a deep pink with golden shimmering flecks, looks almost baby pink on the skin. I actually acquired this blush for the first time from the Guy Bourdin collection and collaboration with NARS cosmetics a few years ago and as you can see this palette is still going strong. I believe the palette retailed for about $60 and let me tell you if you have never tried a NARS blush these palettes are the way to go. Not only do you get a ton more product than you would with a single blush, but you get other colors to try as well for the price of just two blushes, in the regular single packaging. I have to say there is not a single blush from NARS I have tried that wasn’t great! These are a definite must have if you are a makeup lover like I am. NARS is also currently hosting a limited edition packaging and size of this gorgeous blush, if you guys care to check it out! They have titled this campaign #whatmakesyoublush , so be sure to tag and check them out on Instagram. This blush is a universally usable color on every skin tone and with its high pigmentation a little goes a long way with this one as well. You can build the color up to look like you have just stepped out of a rigorous workout. Or lightly dab it on for a sun kissed flush of color on the cheeks. I use this color religiously during the summer and it looks amazing over pale or tanned skin.







This blush is slightly golden bronze in tone with very warm undertones and a peachy-orange appearance on the skin. I believe originally this blush was marketed as BECCA’s limited edition skin perfector highlighter, but the more people tested it out the more it became known as a blush instead. If you look on the Sephora website it is now under the blushes and no longer in the limited edition packaging that I bought it in. Once again it’s just packaging, what really matters is the product and let me tell you this one is a keeper. It is stunning!! If you are familiar at all with any of BECCA’s skin perfector products you know there is nothing out there like them. They look glittery on the outside, but when you apply them to your cheeks they transform into this glowy, almost ethereal look to the skin with a hint of peach tones to make your skin look healthy and bright. BECCA recently did their second round collaboration with youtuber Jaclyn Hill to create a palette with blushes and highlights. If you have not tried any of their blushes or shimmering perfectors I suggest getting on this palette. At a cost of $52 it is a bargain for what you are getting.








This blush is a true peach color with gold flecks and goes on the cheeks very peachy and glowy without looking like you have glitter on your face. One of the most affordable and another cult favorite on YouTube, luminosos is a must-have! I know I have said this before about other blushes, but honestly you cannot go wrong with this blush. I have to admit it’s the only blush from Milani that I have tired, but if the rest are anything like luminosos then I will be purchasing a hell of a lot more. This blush has buildable pigmentation, and is very long lasting and did I mention how cheap it is?? I mean this blush should cost more honestly due to what it provides, gorgeous blush.









This is a plum pink tone blush with highlighter ambient powder infused in a gorgeous marbleized pattern. It looks pink mauve on the cheeks and glides on like butter. I know you think summer and mauve may not go together, but I think this blush is gorgeous especially for summer because of the laced ambient highlighter it has. When applied you get a pink plum shimmer flush to the cheek that looks like you have been slightly pinched. Its long lasting and blends like a dream. I highly recommend any hourglass product to be honest. I definitely want to add more blushes to my collection of this brand. Comment below with what other Hourglass blush colors I should try?


Last but certainly never least, thank you all so much for sticking with me and supporting this blog. I am highly passionate about makeup and fashion and I love sharing that passion with you all! Comment below with any blushes you think I should try next, and what are your favorite top picks for summer blushes? I hope you all enjoyed this post, and for more Looks By Li be sure to check me out on Bloglovin. See you all in my next one and as always Stay Chic Everybody!





Follow me!

FACEBOOK: Looks By Li
TWITTER: Looks By Li
INSTAGRAM: libutterfly
SNAPCHAT: flutterby413
YOUTUBE: Liana Veronica



No comments:

Post a Comment