Follow

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Travel Tuesday: Rockefeller State Park Preserve

Connect with me!






Hello everyone! Thought I would do something a bit different on the blog today. Two weekends ago a friend of mine form Miami was in town, and my boyfriend Kyle and I decided to take him on a little adventure walk through nature. Did you know that studies have shown that walking in nature for just 15minutes can improve your mood, increase energy, and helps you feel more relaxed? Trying not to sound like an infomercial here, but honestly it really works! These passed few weeks have been extremely gloomy in New York and we recently just saw the sun come out again. It’s time to get out there and walk, run, or get some exercise. This is even a great activity if you have children.






If you are familiar with the state of New York then you know it is rich in culture, history and parks. There is a hike challenge for every physical ability out there, from extremely hard to very leisure trails. You are sure to find a park preserve that fits you or your family needs. I wanted to choose a hike that we could all do and enjoy without feeling like we had just been in a hot box or running a triathlon, so we picked the Rockefeller State Park Preserve as our destination.










Just to give you a little back history of the park, it is approximately 30 miles from the hustle and bustle of New York City. It is an idyllic spot for strolling, jogging, horseback riding, cross-country skiing, and snowboarding during the winter. There is also a dense population of birds, over 180-recorded species and the National Audubon Society designates it as an Important Bird Area. During the proper season you can also enjoy fishing on the grand 22acre Swan Lake for brown trout.  There is even an art museum and restaurant to enjoy if you feel like spending the whole day there.









My friend, boyfriend, and I enjoyed doing a couple of the trails and we thoroughly enjoyed traveling around the grand lake. The park is beautiful in the Springtime and no mosquitos! It was a great day and with a day like this you have to make sure your outfit is on point! This is a fashion blog after all. You thought I wouldn’t tie in fashion to nature, did you? The truth is Spring time is the perfect time to meld fashion style with nature. So take out those sneakers or, as our friends across the pond would say, trainers and lets get walking!








For my look on this beautiful day I chose a comfortable, yet relaxed fit outfit with walking shoes to match. Since I knew I wouldn’t be running or jogging I chose to go with a casual look, instead of the natural workout clothing option. I wanted to still look put-together, for dinner that same day so workout gear just wasn’t the look I wanted for this particular outing. If you feel more comfortable wearing workout clothing, than you do you boo!









It’s interesting to see how even generations later people still wear jeans. I think jeans are the essential iconic fashion piece EVERYONE needs in their wardrobe. A comfortable fitting pair of jeans feels like second skin and don’t hinder your movements at all. This makes them perfect for a nice nature walk, or a casual day out with friends. I got these great pair from Victoria’s Secret back when they still manufactured apparel. I paired the jeans with a casual and once again baggy, yet light cotton fabric sweater. This particular day was a bit windy and chilly, so I wanted to make sure I could wear something that would keep me warm yet still cool enough to breathe after we got a good walking pace going. I topped the look off with a pair of Nike running sneakers, because as I stated before even though I wasn’t going to run, I still wanted shoes I could walk for miles in and not feel restricted. Nothing works best for this kind of activity than sneakers. I could have also opted for sandals and you could easily substitute for these too as the trails were not muddy at all and you could easily walk around them in open toes sandals if you preferred a classier than sporty look.  It was truly a wonderful day and we all had so much fun. So the next time you find yourself board with nothing to do, take a hike! You never know what adventures wait you and as always be sure you got a good looking outfit to match.








All Fashion Pieces will be linked below and I hope you have enjoyed this post. If you would like to see more travel stories be sure to like and send me a comment. If you enjoyed reading about my trip and fashion tips be sure to follow my blog on Bloglovin for up-to-date notifications of new posts. As always stay chic everybody! Love you all and thank you so much for your support!







Fashion Pieces:

Sweater: Forever 21
Shirt: Forever 21 
Sneakers: Nike
Sunglasses: Le Specs (If you wanna see my sunglasses collection click here!)
Hat: Yankee Stadium (Amazon)






Let’s Be Friends:

Facebook: Looks By Li
Twitter: Looks By Li
Instagram: libutterfly



No comments:

Post a Comment