Follow

Monday, May 9, 2016

Monday Must-Have: The Everyday Palette Met Gala Edition

Connect with me!






Hello everyone! I hope you all had an incredible weekend spent with your mom’s. I know this may not have been the case for a lot of people and I send you my blessings and love that you are not alone. I myself am not a mother yet and I can only imagine what it feels like to be one. I was also unable to spend Mother’s Day with my own mom, but I took great pleasure in celebrating the day with a woman I consider to be very special in my life, my bf’s mother. Like my own mother, she is a woman I admire very much and hope to be like someday. A mother is nurturing, understanding, and always present when you need her the most. I feel blessed to still be able to call my mom on the phone, at the very least, and have a good talk, cry, or whatever with her. She is my best friend, my confidant, and my mother. Once again I hope you all had a wonderful day. Now I am sure you came here for makeup talk, so lets get on with that shall we?










Every Monday I like to do a series here on my blog that highlights a special fashion piece or makeup product I am currently enjoying and think deserves the spotlight. A definite must-have makeup product during the spring season is a great “everyday palette” to which you can create simple to very elaborate looks. Last week, in case you didn’t know, was the elegant and timely awaited Met Gala. This time honored event is one of fashion’s most awaited events. This year it features everything from silver, to glitz and glamour gowns and stunning makeup looks. This year’s theme was centered on the idea of “Manus X Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology”, so many celebs adorned edgy, futuristic looks with metallic accents. Last week I featured the makeup look that Olivia Wilde wore with her stunning body-con black and silver gown. This week I wanted to highlight a much simpler, yet very elegant makeup look worn by the popular and super model sensation Ms. Kendall Jenner. Jenner attended the event with a show stopping cutout, netted dress by Atelier Versace, which showed off her tone oblique and sultry model silhouette. She paired this dress with a tone down, yet still very glamorous makeup look, a great contrast between the edgy dress and simple sparkly shadows on her eyes.










I wanted to use her look to highlight a product I think every makeup enthusiast should have in his/her makeup kit and arsenal. I am talking about the Urban Decay Naked Onepalette. In my opinion this palette has it all, from light browns, to peachy-pink shimmers and golden shades to create simple everyday, work appropriate looks or glamorous night-out looks. It is by far one of my most used palettes and one I believe compliments a lot of different skin tones. As always, being that it is Urban Decay the shadows have a very smooth application and texture, and glide on the lids to create effortlessly blended out looks.
























How to Recreate this Look:

Now lets continue with a full tutorial on how to get this look. First of, make sure you start with a clean canvas and a good eye shadow primer to make sure your shadows stay put all day long. I used the original Urban Decay eye shadow Primer potion all over the lid to secure that the shadows stay on creaseless all day and show up vibrant and pigmented. Now on to the look. If you happened to own the naked palette be sure to break it out and follow along with me. Starting with the eye shadow in “virgin” I concentrated it on my upper brow bone area. Then using “buck” I made sure to concentrate the shadow only in the crease, intensifying the shadow subtly. Then using “darkhorse” I intensified the out crease area. Using NYX jumbo pencil in “yogurt” I placed the color all over my lower lid area making sure to keep the color only on the lid and right blow the crease area. Then using “sin” from the naked palette I intensified the crease by placing this shadow right on top. Topped the look with a winged eyeliner and mascara. I am sure Jenner is using falsies in her look, but I wanted the look to be wearable for any occasion. 





That is it folks, a very simple yet super glamorous look. I hope you enjoyed recreating this makeup look with me. For more celebrity inspired looks check out Looks By Li here and be sure to follow my blog on Bloglovin for up to the minute updates.






Lets be friends here:

Facebook: Looks By Li
Twitter: Looks By Li
Instagram: libutterfly



Disclaimer: I was not given or paid to talk about these products. All opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment