Follow

Monday, May 23, 2016

Monday Must-Haves: Slingback Shoes

Connect with me! 





Hello my chic people and welcome back to another edition of “Monday Must-Haves”! This is a series, here on my blog, which incorporates makeup products and fashion pieces super hot and trending at the moment. Usually they are staples to anyone’s wardrobe and makeup bag essentials that are just simply a must-have for the season. If you missed last week’s edition, click here! This week’s pick has to be the infamous Chanel Slingback shoes that everyone on Instagram has been going ham over!







It seems that Chanel has done it again, making the slingback, block heel shoe popular once more. Most often this shoe is viewed as, dare I say, old fashioned and grandmotherly-like, well its time to bring back these puppies back from the retro 70s era and into the 21st century millennial’s era. But pair these beautifies with one of these oh so popular today retro-trends, like a nice pair of high-waist shorts, or flared jeans and they give anyone a little boost of height along with some retro-chic elegance. I want to show you how you can style this gorgeous shoe, and find a more affordable option to the classic Chanel block heels.








There is no surprise once I saw these babies pop up all over social media I was hooked. This is why I too jumped on the “flipped-out” trend wagon when I saw Chanel’s revamped version of the label’s classic Cinderella slipper going down the Fall 2015 runway and on instagram bloggers everywhere! The Chanel versions were so massively in demand they sold out everywhere almost instantly. If you had your heart set on these you may get lucky looking at pre-loved resale sites or EBay.





Not to mention, had I gotten these beauties from the brand label it would have set me back over $1,000. I must admit I have never spent that much on a shoes before and, as much as I love these, I wasn’t about to start to today. I couldn’t get over wanting these gorgeous shoes though, so as the clever fashion blogger that I am, I set out on a mission to see if I could find a more affordable version that would still satisfy my need for a retro block heel sling-back shoe I wanted.  Finally, I stumbled upon these beautiful two-tone, black and nude, block heel slingbacks from Next Clothing. This boutique is based out of the UK with over 500 stores in the UK, Australia, and the US. They also ship worldwide and let me tell you, they shipped quickly and for only $58 US. You heard me right ladies, $58! It doesn’t get much more affordable than that.





I know a lot of people get turned off by the idea of “designer inspired” luxury items, but let me explain…these are inspired looks, not “knock offs” and there is a difference. Regardless of the facts, take solace in knowing that designers such as the Balmain creative director, Olivier Rousteing, admitted himself that he downright loves when retailers like ZARA copy his work. According to Rousteing, this is the mark of good work and a creative mind. So don’t be ashamed if you can’t afford the high-end brand names, you can still rock the look using affordable alternatives and a bit of creativity. After all remember that fashion has no rules, only room for creativity and exploration.






Now let me give you some tips on how to style these retro glam shoes. For my look I went for a more sophisticated, everyday look with a hint of modern tribal print chic! I paired my block heels with this gorgeous flowy, tribal printed coat, a pair of skinny dark wash jeans and a thin, chiffon cream color blouse. Now you can easily help dress down these shoes or up depending on the occasion and your personal style. Two ways to achieve this is by substituting the jeans, for some high wasted shorts and just a regular plain T-shirt, add a distressed jean jacket for a little bit more flare. If more glamour is what you seek. Substitute the jeans for a high wasted pencil skirt, keep the chiffon blouse, and alternate the coat for a trendy black blazer, the perfect look for a night out, or business chic outing.





I hope you enjoyed this look and for more fashion from Looks By Li be sure to check out my fashion page on Chictopia and follow me on Bloglovin for everything makeup and fashion in one! Hope you all have a wonderful day and Stay Chic Everybody!






Get the look, all links below:

Heels: Two-Tone block heel slingbacks- Next 
Blouse: H&M similar
Coat: H&M similar 
Jeans: H&M 



No comments:

Post a Comment