Follow

Monday, May 2, 2016

Monday Must-Haves: Spring into Season with Chambray







Hello my lovelies! I hope everyone had an incredibly restful and lovely weekend. The weather here is New York is getting worse by the day. We went from having a gorgeous Saturday to an icky, wet, and morbid Sunday. When will Spring be here to stay? Well, luckily our clothing doesn’t always have to reflect the weather or the season for that matter, but for me Spring is the perfect time to dust off the jean shirts and some pretty floral patterned shorts or skirts. If you are new to my blog you might not be aware of a little series I love to do, titled “MondayMust-Haves”. This series involves fashion, style trends, and makeup products I believe are a season’s must have, click here for past posts in case you missed them. For Spring, in terms of fashion, the hottest trends are floral shorts and Chambray tops. Nothing tops off a Spring look better than the color combination of light, airy fabrics that looks thick, but still comfortable enough to sustain you in a warm, sunny day, paired with the colorful array of floral prints on shorts or skirts if you want to dress the look up some more.




With my outfit this day I wanted it to be comfortable, yet still put together and I believe nothing says well put together better than a delicate and nicely tailored chambray shirt. Chambray was a huge trend last year and this year they seem to be back with a vengeance. I truly believe you should have at least one shirt of this fabric in your Spring arsenal. Not only is this a lovely piece to own, but you can style it in so many ways and it’s versatility from casual to glam is endless with this shirt.





If I had to pick one piece to represent my entire Spring Staples, it would definitely be chambray. They transcend style trends, seasons and weather to be able to adorn under any occasion. Personally I own a few of these shirts, one in a light wash and another in a medium wash. The one I wore in this outfit actually has a tie-dye amber affect and contains both washes together. Getting some of various shades can make your wardrobe feel like you have more pieces than you do. For instance you can designate the darker washes for Fall/Winter and keep the lighter washes for Spring/Summer. Always keep in mind though, that these shirts transcend seasons so don’t be blush about wearing each wash in different seasons. Here is the even better part and reason to own this iconic piece; Chambray shirts are usually quite affordable. I picked mine up from Victoria’s Secret; back when they still sold clothing wear. I got it for around $60 dollars, but honestly you can find great quality ones at Zara, Forever21, or even Target.




I like to mix solid patterns with geometric prints, floral prints or even Chambray on jeans. For my look here I paired my Chambray top with this cute, comfortable floral patterned shorts I picked up at Target. Want to find some cute, fordable shorts for the season I highly suggest heading on over to Target for some great deals.  If you didn’t get your style fill with my look, here are other innovative ways to use Chambray and Floral prints separately.

  • Pair your Chambray tops with: Colored jeans to add a new a fun blend to the jean-on-jean trend.
  • Pair Chambray with a sweater on top and polka dot short or pant for a new take on the prep look.
  • Pair Chambray with your swimsuit as a nice cover-up for when you are out in the sun or at the beach this summer.
  • Pair Chambray with a lovely silk pleated midi skirt to give the top a sense of elegance and richness.


-       



Hopefully I have given you lots of idea on how to style these prints and patterns. For more Looks By Li don’t forget to subscribe here and follow my feed on Bloglovin for updates on when a new post has gone live.


Top: Victoria’s Secret (similar)
Shorts: Target (similar)
Necklace: Forever21
Sunglasses: Amazon
Handbag: Michael Kors
Shoes: Converse

Liked what you saw and read leave me a comment and follow me on social media:

Let’s be friends:

Facebook- Looks By Li
Twitter- Looks By Li
Instagram- LiButterfly







No comments:

Post a Comment