Follow

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Travel Tuesday: Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Connect with me! 





Hello everyone and I hope you are all having a magnificent week thus far! Last week I began a little series here on my blog featuring places around my hometown worth exploring, aptly called “Travel Tuesday”. If you missed last week’s spot click here! Whether you are just passing by or a permanent resident of the State of New York, I never realized just how much there is to do here, not to mention activities outside the city, which wouldn’t normally come to mind.  I hope that with this series I inspire you to take a trip to New York and maybe even explore some of these activities and places for yourself. This week’s hot spot is Yankee Stadium, oh yes folks it’s that time of year again, baseball season! The cracker jacks, popcorn, and hotdogs are sizzling, though here in NY it’s more like cheesesteaks and beer more than cracker jacks, and who doesn’t enjoy a great ball game anyways? There is so much to see and do at the stadium than just enjoying a great game, but of course there is definitely that too. On this particular day I was celebrating a great milestone in my relationship with my incredible boyfriend, our two year anniversary and as my gift to him I got us tickets to enjoy a day in the city and watch the Yankees kick some White Socks booty, my apologies if you are from Chicago (wink face).





Lets begin with a little bit of history on this incredible establishment and the wonderful city that houses it. Yankee Stadium is the home of the New York Yankees baseball team located on the northwest corner of 161st street and River Ave in the Bronx.  The $2.3 billion stadium, built with $1.2 billion in public subsidies, replaced the original Yankee Stadium one block north of the original structure. The 8-acre site of the original stadium is now a public park called Heritage Field. The new stadium officially opened with an exhibition game against the Chicago Cubs on April 3rd, 2009. The wonderful and amazing thing about the stadium is its focus around replicas of some design elements from the original stadium. Although the construction began in 2006, the project spanned many years and faced many controversies, including high public cost and the loss of public parkland. Fast-forward to today and this marvel of a place is everything, I think everyone was hoping for. Fun trivia answer, Yankee Stadium is the most expensive stadium ever built.










The new stadium is meant to evoke elements of the original, both in its original 1923 state and its post-renovation state in 1976.  The exterior resembles the original from 1923 stadium, while the interior is a modern ballpark with greater space and increased amenities. The field mimics the old 1988-2000 stadium dimensions and the current ballpark features 4,300 club seats and 68 luxury suites. Despite popular belief tickets are not outside of the reach of many of the populous in New York. Ticket prices can range from $20 to over thousands. Everyone can enjoy this beautiful structure and all its glorious features.












Now let’s go on to some fashion! Don’t worry I wont bore you with the fashion transitions and evolution of Yankee baseball uniforms, let’s instead focus on casual looks for fans and what you can expect when you go to the stadium in order to dress accordingly. The ballpark is quite open so if you are like me and enjoy a little sun, bear clothing pieces are the way to go. If you prefer not too expose too much skin stick with jean pants and soft cotton tanks so as to not overheat.

















On this particular day the weather was sunny, but slightly overcast. I knew I wanted to be comfortable, but also add an extra element in case it rained or got too chilly. For me, ball games are the perfect opportunity to wear casual graphic tees and jean shorts.  Accessories are always a girl’s best friend during these events as well, so be mindful of the sun and use sunblock, sunnies, and a good ball cap to you keep you protected. This is exactly the direction I went with. I know from my outfits you would probably never get the sense that I love caps and hats, but I promise you will be seeing a lot more posts with theses elements soon enough. I tend to wear a lot of hats during Spring and Summer not just as a way to protect me from the sun rays, but also because these seasons for me mean it’s time to break out the head gear!








For my look I paired this women’s form fitting Yankee’s cap with an adjustable back, I have to say this cap is both super chic and comfortable which is exactly what I looks for in head wear. To match the cap I added a Yankee T-shirt, but you could use any graphic tee you want to give your look a sporty vibe, even if you don’t follow a team at all. The atmosphere alone will make you love baseball, trust me! Topped the look of with a comfy pair of shorts and Converse white sneakers (a classic) for an all over causal sporty look fit for any baseball game. I accessorized the look with a checkered printed blouse tied around my waist, and downsized my handbag to a simple Louis Vuitton key holder with only my most used cards and ID. I don’t know about you guys, but I prefer non-bulky handbags when going to games of any kind. I like hands free movement to hang around and not feel uncomfortable holding a large tote in my hand. Cross body bags are also lifesavers in this type of environment so I highly recommend those as well.






I hope you enjoyed this post and learned a little bit more about this great, EXPENSSIVE, stadium and don’t forget next time you are in the BIG Apple, catch a game at Yankee Stadium!

Comment below with your essential ball game clothing piece and don’t forget to follow Looks By Li on Bloglovin for more fashion and beauty news! Thank you all for your support and love, and as always Stay Chic Everybody!!!






Clothing Worn:

Top: Kohl’s 
Hat: Macy’s 
Blouse: Nordstrom Rack 
Bottoms: Jean Shorts 
Sneaker: Converse 
Sunglasses: Ray Ban 
Key Holder: Louis Vuitton 







Follow me on Social Media:

Instagram: libutterfly
Facebook: Looks By Li
Twitter: Looks By Li
YouTube: Liana Veronica
Snapchat: flutterby413




No comments:

Post a Comment