Follow

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Wednesday Wishlist: Cushion Compact Foundation

Connect with me! 





Hello everyone and I hope you are all having a wonderful week and Happy Hump Day! On this edition of  Wednesday wishlist” we’ll be discussing all the latest rage and hottest trend from Korean Skincare and beauty, cushion foundations. If you are new to my blog, every Wednesday I do a Wishlist series, where I discuss fashion pieces or makeup products I have been obsessing over and some I would like to try out or I think deserve a shout out. I put these foundation types in my wishlist series this week because I recently tired the L’Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion and I am officially obsessed.  I have not tried all the latest releases of this type of foundation for every brand yet, so I decided to put some on my wishlist as well as giving you all my two cents on this great L’Oreal find. I did get the chance to test this one out, which spoiler alert I am huge fan of.  Comment at the end of this post with which cushion, compact foundation you are excited to try out, and which you are loving so far?






Now on to the review of the L’Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation!  Stay tuned till the end of the post for the other cushion foundations I am dying to try out and let me know which you have used and love. If BB and CC creams are the foundation-meets-moisturizer-meets-SPF old news lovechild of the cosmetics and skincare industry, then their latest creation—freed from bulky, delicate, and non-travel-friendly packaging and housed in a sleek mirrored compact—is the result of that lovechild all grown up, then the cushion foundations have successfully taken over the market. As the latest export from Korean beauty and skincare hypes, the cushion foundations have made their way into the American market and our hearts.

The first and foremost biggest plus side to the new cushion foundations, I have to say, is their packaging. I know some people don’t really mind one way or another, but honestly these are fantastic. In terms of avoiding the mess and being able to travel with this compact, these foundations get five stars in my book, but of course what’s inside counts the most. They all come with a sponge-y interior, which keeps the liquid safely stowed inside, so you never have to worry about it spilling all over the inside of your handbag or your suit case. For the most part the packaging is pretty standard among all cushion foundations. They also come with a puff applicator to help press the foundation onto your skin. I will be giving you some of my own tips and tricks on how to get this foundation to work for every skin type and also some ideas on how to apply it so stick with me!





L’Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation Review:

Claims:  This foundation states it helps build “luminous coverage in a tap.” It is infused in an innovative sponge that delivers the perfect amount of product. The luminous refreshing formula creates sheer to medium coverage. All you need is to tap a little for a fresh, natural glow, or tap on more to build a fuller layer of coverage. For convenient on-the-go coverage, formulated with Precise Match Technology, equal to the rest of the L’Oreal true match line.

My Experience: I just want to start by saying I was extremely hesitant to try this foundation at first, despite the sponge hype, which I thought was very intriguing. I have oily/combination skin so I have to tread very lightly when it comes to “luminous” foundation claims. Yes I like to look healthy and glowy, but not greasy and oily. So hence my hesitation, but boy am I glad I got over that quickly and I urge you to do the same if you have similar hesitations. This foundation 100% gives you light to medium coverage that is definitely buildable. I actually found it not to be as dewy as some tutorials seem on YouTube. I thought it gave more of a natural, satin finish than a watery look. The foundation has no odor that I can detect, which is another plus for me. I am oily skinned so I felt this foundation worked well for me with or without primer. I used it with both and loved the results I got using it with or without primer. If you have very oily skin, be sure to use a mattifying primer first if you prefer a matte look. You can also set this foundation to prolong its longevity, but I actually loved the look without setting. In my pictures you can see the look of the foundation without primer and without setting it, a little after 30minutes from when I applied it. This foundation can definitely be used on all skin types and colors. It does not claim to be long wearing, but you will get a good 6-8 hour wear with this foundation, with or without setting it.






Application: I noticed with one spare layer that the foundation looked very natural; once I started packing on layers I began seeing more of that dewy water-like finish. For a light to satin finish I recommend applying it with a brush. Just dip it right into the sponge and apply to face. For heavier, dewy coverage apply with recommended puff available with every compact. I found a beauty blender didn’t do as a great a job of applying the foundation as the puff. If you like light coverage, buildable foundations you will definitely love this one!


Color Availability: The foundation is available in 12 true-to-skin shades. They are divided among W-warm, C-cool, and N-neutral skin tones, with 1-light, 2-medium and 3-dark denominations. Overall a very good color selection, plus because it is true match, the color will evenly oxidize to the right tone and shade once you have applied it.  


Finish: It claims to be luminous, I actually think it gives a very natural finish, but you can pretty much mold this foundation into any finish you desire. Powder it for matte, or leave as is for luminous. Oil will get through after about 4 hours, but the foundation never breaks down or rubs off unless you physically wipe it off.






Price: This foundation retails for $16.99 on the L’Oreal website, but I will link to a discounted price here! In stores you may be able to find it for way less, between $16-$14. I paid about $16.50 at my local drug store. Which I have to say is a bit pricy for a drug store foundation, but not as expensive as say the famous, first-released Lancôme miracle cushion foundation, which retails for about $47. Still a very affordable foundation and, though I don’t know how it stacks up to the Lancôme one, I think the L’Oreal Cushion is definitely one to try!


Overall Rating: Lastly, if I had to rank this foundation I would definitely give it 5 out of 5 stars. Keep in mind this rating is due to the fact tat it does what it claims. If you want a fully high coverage matte looking foundation, please stay away from this one. I guarantee you will not love it. Otherwise if you love luminous to satin, light to medium coverage this is right for you.


Wishlist: As always I like to tell you guys, which products I would eventually love to try and review for you as well. As of right now I would really love to try out the Lancôme Cushion version of this foundation, just to see how well they compare with each other and if the price really does make a huge difference in the overall quality of the liquid inside. I would also love to try the Physician’s formula cushion version as well. If you have tried any of these please leave me a comment letting me know your thoughts.






Last but certainly never least, I hope you all enjoyed this wishlist/review of the L’Oreal and Cushion Foundations in general. A huge hug and thank you to all who already follow and I hope to see you all here for my nest post. If you have tried and loved any of these foundations, please let me know in the comment section. For more looks by Li, be sure to follow me on Bloglovin. It’s free to join and you will be connected with a huge community of bloggers ranging from beauty to lifestyle to fashion.






Follow me to see more here:

Facebook: Looks By Li
Instagram: Libutterfly
Snapchat: flutterby413
Youtube: Liana Veronica
Twitter: Looks By Li

Disclaimer: I was not paid by L’Oreal or any other company to do this review. I paid for all products with my own money, and all opinions are my own!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment